𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

Aurora didn't know how much time had passed since Count Dooku left. It could've been hours or days since the door to the small room closed, leaving her in isolation with nothing but her thoughts. To some, the silence may have been a blessing. But to Aurora, it was a curse. The only thoughts that bounced around in her head were about what she and Obi-Wan would face in the future. And her mind came up with a lot of terrible things.

What felt like an eternity passed when the large metal door finally opened again. But what Aurora didn't expect was to find three bug-like aliens standing in the doorway. That was her first time laying eyes on the Geonosians, and she wished she never had. It wasn't long before one of them entered the room and unlocked her chain from the floor. The next thing she knew, Aurora was being pulled out of the room. The force caused her to stumble into the hall before she forced herself to stand up straight, unwilling to let the Geonosians know they were irritating her. But all her emotions soon faced when she made eye contact with Obi-Wan.

The two of them just stared at each other for a moment as the Geonosians locked their chains together. Not even a second after that passed when the Jedi were being escorted through the halls. Despite keeping a blank look on her face, Aurora was terrified. She had no idea where they were being taken, but she knew it wasn't good. But it wasn't long before she was snapped out of her thoughts when Obi-Wan began speaking.

"Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" the Kenobi man asked, drawing Aurora's attention to him. Even though she was doing a great job at hiding her emotions, much better than usual, Obi-Wan saw straight through her walls. He could see the panic she held in her eyes and the fear for their well-being. "We're going to get out of this, Aurora. I've already sent a message to the Jedi Council. They will come for us."

"And I have full faith in them," the Jinn woman responded before she hesitated. She wanted to take a moment to gather her emotions, but she couldn't hide the shakiness of her voice. "But what are the chances they won't be here in time?"

The only response Aurora received was silence from the Jedi Knight. Neither of them said another word throughout the rest of their time in the halls. They continued to walk silently through what seemed to be a never-ending tunnel before a small hint of natural light was seen at the end. It wasn't long after that when they were forced into a cart pulled by a beast Aurora had never seen before. Their arms were chained to the bar in front of them before their guards moved to stand beside the cart. Although she had a million thoughts bouncing around in her head, the Jinn woman kept her mouth sealed shut as the cart began moving forward.