𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

Aurora sat by herself on the transport they were assigned to take. Her eyes stayed glued to Padmé, who was having a hushed conversation with Dormé. Even though she knew she should be honored with her assignment, the Jinn woman was frustrated. She still felt that she should be the one protecting the Amidala girl until the threat was long gone. After all, Aurora was the one who knew Padmé the longest and was very familiar with the way she thought. The brunette woman didn't know how qualified Anakin actually was at protecting the Senator. But what Aurora did know was that she couldn't change the Council or Yoda's mind...and she did try.

The Jinn woman was soon pulled out of her thoughts by their transport slowing down. Padmé didn't hesitate to get to her feet and walk toward the exit with Typho and Dormé right behind her. Aurora watched them for a moment before following their actions. A thousand thoughts ran through her mind as she walked toward the front of the transport. The Jinn woman kept her eyes glued to Padmé as she conversed with Typho and Dormé. That continued for another moment before her attention moved to Anakin. The Jedi Padawan stood by the door, ready to begin their journey back to Naboo. It didn't take long for the Skywalker boy to sense eyes on him, causing him to look over at Aurora.

The two of them just stared at each other for a long moment before the Jinn woman broke the silence surrounding them. "You better take good care of her, Anakin. I would like to see my friend again in one piece."

"You can count on me, Aurora. I'll keep her safe," the Skywalker boy responded while taking in all the emotions in the brunette woman's eyes.

Not even a second after that passed when the Jinn woman felt a hand on her shoulder. Aurora instantly turned around to find the Amidala girl staring back at her with a small smile on her face. The next thing the Jinn woman knew, Padmé pulled her in for a tight hug. The two of them stayed like that for what felt like an eternity before Aurora whispered into her friend's ear. "Please don't do anything reckless. We don't need them figuring out you left Coruscant."

"We'll be fine, Ro. Don't worry," Padmé responded before the two of them ended their moment, allowing the Senator to send the Padawan a small smile, "and if they do, then my Jedi protector will have to prove how good he is."

That caused Aurora to look up at Anakin once again, only to find him having a private conversation with his Master. As soon as they were finished, the Skywalker boy turned his attention toward her and sent her a small smile. "Good luck with Obi-Wan. You're gonna need it."