𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

After traveling through the dust-filled spaceport of Mos Espa for what felt like an eternity, the very odd-looking group finally reached their destination. Aurora and Padmé huddled close together as they watched Anakin press a button on the wall. It wasn't long after that when a door opened and the young boy walked inside, followed by the group he picked up back in town. While Anakin called out for his mother and Jar Jar complimented the boy's home, Aurora looked around at the small space.

If it weren't for the furniture and numerous pieces of technology, Aurora would've thought she was standing in a cave due to the stone walls. It was nice and felt homey, but it also made the brunette girl feel a tad claustrophobic after growing up surrounded by trees and residing in Naboo's palace for the past year. But the Tinsley girl did her best to push her feelings aside as the door closed behind them, keeping them safe from the storm.

It wasn't long before the sound of footsteps cut through the air. That instantly caused Aurora to turn her attention in the direction of the noise to find a woman with hair the same color as her walking toward them. The woman, who Aurora assumed to be Anakin's mother, hesitated at the sight of the strangers in her home before her attention fell on her son standing next to them.

"These are my friends, Mom," Anakin explained before turning his attention to R2-D2 when he began making a beeping sound.

"I'm Qui-Gon Jinn," the long-haired man greeted the brunette woman as her son whisked Padmé and R2-D2 away to look at the droid he was building, "your son was kind enough to offer us shelter."

Just as their conversation was about to continue, Qui-Gon's communicator began to go off. The Jedi Master instantly excused himself to answer the call, leaving Aurora alone with Anakin's mother and Jar Jar. The Tinsley girl just stared at the Gungan for a moment before her attention turned back to the woman standing in front of him.

"I'm Aurora Barlowe," the girl introduced herself while holding her hand out toward the woman, who instantly returned the gesture with a smile.

"Shmi Skywalker," she responded as the two of them ended their greeting before the brunette woman gestured toward the kitchen, "I was just about to make dinner. Would you like to join me?"

A sense of nostalgia washed over Aurora before she could stop it as she thought back to the times she made meals with her mother. "I would love to. Thank you."

About an hour had passed of the two women preparing the night's meal before they were finally finished. It wasn't long after that when they gathered everyone to sit around the table to enjoy their dinner. Aurora sat beside Qui-Gon as she watched Shmi pour drinks for everyone around the table with an unreadable look on her face. As soon as she began pouring a drink for the Jedi Master, the brunette woman decided it was time to break the silence that began to surround them.