𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

It wasn't long after Aurora arrived at the Podraces with Padmé, the Skywalkers, Kitster, and their two droids when Watto flew towards them and spoke to Anakin in Huttese. Despite not knowing what the blue creature said, the Tinsley girl could tell it wasn't good by the look on Anakin's face. No one said a word as they watched Watto fly away from them before they turned their attention toward the Jedi Master.

"What'd he mean by that?" Anakin asked the Jinn man as soon as he was close enough to them.

"I'll tell you later," was all Qui-Gon said before he helped Shmi and Kitster off of their eopie at the same time Aurora, Padmé, and Anakin slid off of theirs.

"This is so wizard, Ani!" Kitster exclaimed as he walked around the eopie to stand next to the blonde boy, "I'm sure you'll do it this time!"

"Do what?" Padmé asked as she and Aurora approached the two young boys.

"Finish the race, of course," the raven-haired boy stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, making the smiles fade from the girls' faces.

"You've never won a race?" Aurora questioned, earning a sheepish smile from the Skywalker boy.

"Well, not exactly."

"Not even finished?" Padmé asked without even attempting to hide the shock in her voice.

"Kitster's right. I will this time," Anakin told them while wrapping an arm around his friend's shoulders and forcing a smile on his face.

Before their conversation could continue, Qui-Gon walked over to them and placed his hands on the Skywalker boy's shoulders. "Of course, you will."

Both of the girls looked up at the Jedi Master with annoyed looks in their eyes, only to find the long-haired man already staring back at them with a small smile on his face. After gazing up at the man for a moment longer, both girls let out small scoffs and made their way toward their seats. Aurora and Padmé stood side by side on the platform that would take them up to their seats. Silence surrounded them as they watched the participants prepare for the upcoming race, both ignoring the uncertainty they were feeling. Across the way, they saw Shmi exchange a few words with her son before Qui-Gon took her place to talk with Anakin. It wasn't long after the Skywalker woman joined the two girls when Qui-Gon and Jar Jar stepped onto the platform with them.

"Is he nervous?" Shmi asked the Jedi Master while keeping her eyes glued to her son.

"He's fine," was all the Jinn man said as he closed the small door behind him.