𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

The Jinn woman wished she could say she was surprised to see the speeder they were chasing was on fire, but she wasn't. Especially not with Anakin involved. Neither Aurora nor Obi-Wan said a word as they watched the speeder descend before the Skywalker boy jumped off right as it crashed onto one of Coruscant's walkways. They continued to fly above Padmé's attacker, wanting to keep track of them after seeing Anakin getting lost in the crowd. It wasn't long before they watched them sprint into a large building, causing the Kenobi man to park their speeder. The two of them instantly jumped out and sprinted in the direction the bounty hunter disappeared, only to find Anakin right outside the entrance.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan called out, causing the Skywalker boy to turn and face his Master.

"She went into the club, Master," Anakin responded while pointing at the building Padmé's attacker went into.

"Patience. Use the force. Think," the Kenobi man said, only for his Padawan to let out a very impatient-sounding sigh, "he went in there to hide, not to run."

"Yes, Master."

Obi-Wan's eyes studied the boy in front of him for another moment before letting out a long sigh and holding up the latter's lightsaber. "Next time, try not to lose it. This weapon is your life."

A somewhat irritated look appeared on Anakin's face as he took his lightsaber from the Kenobi man and placed it on his belt. "I'm sorry, Master."

"Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" Obi-Wan muttered under his breath as he and Aurora walked into the club.

"Don't say that, Master. You're the closest thing I have to a father," the Skywalker boy responded after catching up to the two older Jedi.

"Then why don't you listen to me?"

"I am trying."

"At least he's not the one who jumped out a window and flew through the skyway on a droid," Aurora retaliated, earning an eye roll from the Jedi master.

It wasn't long before the three of them stopped in front of the bar in the center of the crowded club. They looked around at all the people sitting in front of the big screens, watching the games and races from the comfort of their tables. Everyone was enjoying their night with their friends and family. They were all living their lives without a care in the world. And it bothered Aurora. She was annoyed at how easily these people slipped into happiness and had run with those around them. She didn't know whether it was because she never had that kind of life or because they were currently searching for Padmé's attacker. But the talking and laughter in the club did nothing but give the Jinn woman a headache.