𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

────── ✩✩✩ ──────

Aurora sat alone in one of the rooms on the Queen's ship. Her mind was on overdrive as it replayed everything that happened in the Jedi Temple. Even though no part of her wanted to become a Jedi, the Tinsley girl couldn't help but wonder if everything her parents taught her was true. They taught her that she couldn't trust the Jedi, and yet she couldn't find a reason not to trust Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan except for her parents' words. Could what her parents forced her to believe be completely wrong? What is the probability that what they told her wasn't the truth?

Her thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of the door opening and closing, causing Aurora to glance back to find Qui-Gon walking toward her. Her eyes stayed glued to the Jedi Master as he made his way through the room before sitting on the couch across from her. Silence surrounded them for what felt like an eternity before the Jinn man finally broke it.

"What your parents said about the Jedi Order, it isn't true," the Jedi Master said, causing Aurora  to look away from her interlocked fingers to meet his gaze.

"I have lived my entire life thinking the Jedi were the enemy because that was what they taught me. Why would they tell me that if it wasn't true?" the Tinsley girl retaliated, earning a small sigh from the Jedi Master as an immediate response to her question.

"Cor-Ana never had much faith in the Jedi Order. She didn't agree with some of their ways. But instead of voicing her opinions, she kept them to herself. I was the only one who knew," Qui-Gon explained as he thought back to all the private conversations he shared with his sister, "it wasn't until she met Langston and learned they shared the same ideals that she began to be more vocal. I knew how she felt about him but was unaware of how deep their connection had become until they left the Temple that night. What I didn't know was that she was pregnant with you."

The Jinn man paused for a moment to see if his niece had anything to say in response to his explanation. When he was greeted by nothing but silence, Qui-Gon continued speaking. "Your parents didn't believe that the Jedi were the villains, they just didn't agree with their beliefs."

"What do you believe?" Aurora questioned, earning a small smile from her uncle in return.

"What I believe isn't important," the Jinn man told her before letting out a small chuckle at the annoyance in his niece's eyes, "however, I do think that you were meant to be part of the Jedi Order."

"Even if I wanted to be a Jedi, the Council wouldn't let me," the Tinsley girl stated, causing Qui-Gon to send her a somewhat confused look before she continued speaking, "on top of what I said to them, I am far too old to be a Padawan. No matter how much my parents trained me in the Jedi ways."