27.

Jungkook and the dance team were surrounded by people congratulating them and praising them. But his eyes were searching for that one person.

Jimin on the other hand was slowly making his was towards the team. He wanted Jungkook to enjoy his moment. Plus he knew as soon as he went, Hobi was definitely going to tease him about the yelling. His cheeks were already burning red.

Soon most of the people were gone, the dance team and some fan girls and boys were swooning over Jungkook. That definitely triggered Jimin, so by the time he reached them he had an evident pout.

"Congratulations you guys. You were unbelievable. Hobi hyung I know how hard you work and you deserve all of the success. And Jungkookie. I'm so happy for you. Y-You"
"Thanks Jiminie. Plus we know how badly you wanted 'Jungkookie' to win. We all heard it." Hobi joked laughing.

Both Jimin and Jungkook turned red. Neither could make eye contact with each other. Only a soft "Thank you hyung. It means a lot." Came out of Jungkook's mouth.

"God Jimin- I can't believe you're so cringe-" Jieun started.
But before she could say anything Jungkook cut her off "So what? I like it. And I've already told you that we're not friends just because we're not the dance team."
"Yeah and mind your own business. No one asked your opinion." Jimin sassed.
Jieun got extremely embarrassed and just walked off.

Jungkook immediately looked over to see if Jimin was uncomfortable but there was an unrecognizable spark in his eyes and then it turned into the famous eye smile.  He couldn't stop himself from smiling looking at him.

Jimin's heart almost skipped a beat and all the longing he had flashed in his eyes. They both held the eye contact for a while.
Tae and Yoongi congratulating Hobi. Jin and Namjoon who had been backstage also joining them.

Soon they all went to Jin and Namjoon's apartment to celebrate. The whole way back Jin was talking about the performance and what he liked.

Jimin was hanging back while walking as to let everyone talk and congratulate Jungkook. He had heard Tae, Namjoon and Yoongi talking about the first runner ups and their theme. Namjoon had found their theme very deep and meaningful as well as executed to perfection. He wasn't particularly talking to anyone just silently listening to them and was sometimes busy on his phone playing or texting.

Suddenly he noticed someone walking next to him and peeping into his phone. He assumed it was Tae and slightly nudged him. But as soon as he bumped that person caught him thinking he was about to fall.
That someone being none other than Jungkook.
"Hi"
"Hi"
"You were amazing today. I couldn't take my eyes off you. You truly deserved to win." Jimin finally said hoping that he didn't sound like a fanboy.
"Thanks Jiminie hyung." Jungkook blushed pink not expecting Jimin to compliment him.
"Seriously, you were so good like everyone could see you passion all hard work."
"Come on hyung. Thanks I'm glad you liked it."

They continued walking side by side with arms brushing against each other but neither moving away.
Jungkook and Hobi were surprised seeing it being decorated with balloons and a cake waiting for them.

Jungkook's eyes become rounder and filled with bewilderment. He immediately hugged Jin and Namjoon and was flustered by this gesture.
By then Hobi was already giving his thank you speech. Tae and Yoongi had started handing everyone drinks.

Soon they all brought out the food and more drinks. Yoongi came and sat next to Jimin having a known smirk on his face. "So are you ever going to make a move?"
"What? No. I-I don't know whom you're talking about."
"Hmmm okay. Anyway, I'm so glad these events are over. It was so hectic and now finally I can relax."
"Hyung." Jimin was half glad that he had changed yeh subject but he wanted to know what he said that and why did his brain jump to conclusions thinking about Jungkook. "Ya definitely. Plus we're almost at the end of the semester. Can't believe it flew by so fast."

By 11pm everyone was already dead tired, Yoongi had fallen asleep on the couch, Jin was slurring and talking about his love for food, Hobi after a few drinks was in his own world and half asleep, Tae and Joon were having a serious conversation about the Dune 2 where Namjoon was taking of the book while Tae was going on about the new movie. Jimin noticed that Jungkook was no where to be seen.

Suddenly a fresh faced Jungkook with wet hair and dressed in casual clothes came and popped next to him. "Finally" he said.
He looked so cute and relaxed that Jimin couldn't help but ruffle his hair.
"They left me alone long enough so I snuck out and took a shower and came." He said so proudly
Jimin himself was a little bit tipsy and giggled, "Good. You were becoming stinky."
"Hyung", he pouted adorably hitting Jimin on his arm.
" Just kidding Kookie. Hahah you should hear their conversation it makes no sense. They are all talking about different things." Pointing at Tae, Namjoon, Jin and Hobi.

Another giggled escaped Jimin and threw himself on Jungkook. Jungkook was truly on cloud nine. Everything was great, and finally he had Jimin next to him. They were talking about everything and nothing. Jimin still nursing the same beer for last one hour.

He would have loved to stay in this moment. He felt all his insecurities calm down. Whether he won or lost Jimin always looked at him with that proud look. He still remembered what he had said just before he had gone to his seat, "Jungkookie, you know that you're very talented right. Whether you win or not is not up to you. What you can do is give your absolute best. I'm sure everyone will see that." Jungkook knew Jimin had noticed his nerves when he had rushed and hugged him. Those words comfort him so much that he had performed without any expectations of the result.

Soon, both fell asleep with Jungkook's head on Jimin's shoulder and Jimin's head on top of his.