21

Jungkook has had enough. He didn't understand what was happening, everything was going fine between him and Jimin. He recalled all their interactions and wondered if he crossed a boundary. 'You must have made Jimin uncomfortable. You're an idiot. Your overtly playful attitude and jokes must have pushed him away.' His conscience chided.

He recalled an incident about two weeks back where they were all sitting together at Namjoon and Jin's apartment. Everyone was drinking except him obviously as Jungkook is underage and joking around. Especially teasing Namjoon and Jin since Namjoon had explained the difference between popo (peck) and kiss. Stating that kiss is when you use tongue otherwise it's just a peck. Resulting in a blushing Jin who was too appalled at his boyfriend's words. Not knowing which way to look. Jungkook's eyes naturally drifted to Jimin who was laughing with his whole body and threw himself on Tae who was sitting next to him.

Jealousy coursed through his body, he didn't understand why he just wanted to pick Jimin up and place him next to him. Obviously it wasn't jealousy it was just that he wanted to help Yoongi hyung who was also looking at the pair with a stinky side eye.

Tae being drunk jokingly said, "Jiminie I would totally kiss you cause you're so cute even if you're not my type."
"Ya." Jimin said giggling and hitting Tae on his shoulder. "What are you talking about?"
"What? You're my bestie man. If I had to I would."
"You're crazy... I-I.."
Before Jimin could finish his sentence Yoongi rolled his eyes and grumbled, "Tae, I think you should stop drinking and have some coffee."
"Yoongssss, you softie. Don't worry sweetie, it's an inside joke between Jiminie and me." He slurred and started explaining how the first week they met Jimin was impressed by Tae being open about his sexuality and feelings. That's when Tae had joked that Jimin's a cutie but not his type causing their deep moment to break, Jimin became so flustered and red that he stuttered trying to defend that he wasn't flirting with Tae which caused Tae to laugh so hard that he was on the floor with tears.

Yoongi's eyes softened, leaning closer to Tae he whispered in ear, "I would totally kiss you though". Whether it was liquid courage or the the way Tae was holding his hands while explaining the story, he didn't know. Tae's eyes widened and cheeks went red, he blamed it on the alcohol.

"Ohhhh, if I want with Namjoon even I would totally kiss Jimin." Jin declared, swinging his arm around Namjoon and resting his head on the shoulder.
"What about you guys? Who would you kiss amongst us?"
Namjoon chuckled at his boyfriend not at all threatened his declaration.
"Hmmm, to think about it. I would kiss Hobi. He's my best friend and we have a lot in common."
Hobi just chucked at Namjoon's explanation as even during a silly game he was rationalizing his actions.
"Hmmm difficult to say, hmmm T-T" As soon as the words Tae were about to came out of his mouth he received a death glare from Yoongi.
" Ummm, maybe Jiminie" Hobi chuckled lightly.

Jungkook was lost in thought so he only heard the words Jimin, so he let the bitter feeling fester and jokingly said, "Really, just because Tae said it that's why everyone is saying Jimin. You all really don't want to kiss him."

Honestly, Jungkook didn't like that everyone was picking Jimin, and god knows if Jimin would even pick him. Why won't Jimin dismiss them and say he doesn't want to kiss them even if they wanted to kiss him except him obviously. As soon as he realized that he wants Jimin to pick him, Jungkook panicked. He'd had crushes all his life but mostly they were girls. The only men he liked were celebrities but that doesn't count right. So, unsure of his feelings and the panic that he might be developing a very tiny crush really like very minimal on his Jiminie hyung and that him worked up. Not knowing how to deal with these feelings.

As soon as the words had left his mouth, he realized it came out harsher than he intended but no one was laughing and Jimin was staring at him with an intense emotion he couldn't figure out and his eyes were starting to get watery.

"Hyung...Jiminie hyung, it's a joke, as Namjoon and Jin are a couple and Tae - Tae" before Jungkook could finish Jimin got up and said, " I get it. Don't worry about it. I -I'll get some water from the kitchen." Then left with his shoulders stooped and head hanging low.

Just as Jungkook was about to go behind him, Jin came and hit him in the back of his head. "Kook, there's a limit to jokes. Plus your tone made us sound harsher. How would you feel if I said that to you?"
"I-I know, I was about to apologize. Sorry hyung. I'll go talk to him."
"It's okay Kook just talk to him don't behave like the brat you are and try to explain the joke and why it's funny, he's a sweetheart he'll understand."

Jungkook was about to argue that he's not a brat but he decided it's better to talk to Jimin. So he just nodded and left. Just as Jimin was about to come out of the kitchen, Jungkook stopped him at the doorway.
He could see Jimin's eyes were a bit puffy and red, he immediately felt guilty and pulled Jimin into his arms.
"I'm so sorry hyung, I'm sorry please don't cry. You know how I am, sometimes I take the joke a bit too far. You know right that I don't mean it. I'm sorry you felt hurt. I won't do it again." He tightened his arms around Jimin and buried his head in his neck.

Jimin returned the hug, patted his back saying, " I know, you're a softie. Don't worry I'm okay."
"You sure? If you want I can explain to you the joke."
Causing Jimin to giggle against his shoulder, " No thanks, I don't like to be insulted twice."
"Hyung, I-I-I"
"I'm kidding" Jimin said riffing his hair.
They stayed that way for a few minutes. After which they returned to the group and Jimin looked like nothing had happened. They sat next to each other giggling over how Namjoon was whipped for Jin and how he paid attention to every single thing when it came to him.

'I don't know what to do. I miss him.' Jungkook was feeling a variety of emotions ranging from anger to hurt to sadness to longing.

He just couldn't pretend that everything is fine while Jimin was blatantly ignoring him especially in the University and his Dance Club members. So, he just walked out cause he didn't want to tell people why he looked like a mess and no he wasn't sick.