19.

"You just didn't want to pull a chair."
Jimin said burst out giggling at a pouty Jungkook and ruffled his hair.
"Hmmm" Jungkook hummed and rested his head on Jimin's shoulder. Jimin's heart was pounding in his chest, he was worried Jungkook might hear it. He chided himself to calm down since Jungkook does this with others too and he's not special.

Hoseok was explaining how the choreography is coming together with passion in his eyes. He even shared a story of how Jungkook never gets distracted when a pretty girls and handsome boys come to watch them and are literally drooling over him. He rather runs aways from girls. While Hoseok and others will atleast acknowledge them and exchange greetings.

Jungkook pouted even more, he is nice to people but when he's dancing he gets into the zone so sometimes, fine most of the time he doesn't realize that they are there. He suddenly felt soft hands running through his hair, immediately making him snuggle closer to Jimin.
He heart was doing backflips and yet his soul felt at ease. This boy was messing with his mind and heart.

 This boy was messing with his mind and heart

Eventually, their break ended and they went back to practice

Eventually, their break ended and they went back to practice. But the entire Dance team had noticed Jimin and Jungkook's exchange.

As the practice went on, Jimin took out his book and started reading his novel. Yoongi being the silent observer and couldn't contain his laughter finally excused himself from the conversation which Taehyung and Namjoon were having about Shakespeare went and sat next to Jimin. He cleared his throat to get Jimin's attention.
"You do realize that he is staring at you right?"
"Huh? Who?" Jimin asked confused and started looking around.
"Idiots! I'm surrounded by Idiots!"

Causing Jimin to frown and look at Yoongi with furrowed eyebrows.
"Come on Jiminie. Jungkook who else? Till when are you going to avoid reality?"
"What reality hyung?"
"That you like him?"
"L-Li-like, ahhh Yes as a friend" Jimin hated that Yoongi was seeing right through him, saying things which he can't say to himself. His face getting redder by the minute.
"Yeah right, come on. Don't you see what you guys have is special? Think about it. I don't want to force you to admit but you guys seem pretty close. And just to bring to your notice that since you started reading your novel, Kook has been staring at you causing him to mess us steps and bump into Hobi." Yoongi pointed out with a smirk and flicked his head.

Jimin looked up and turned to the front, his eyes immediately locked with Jungkook. Jungkook visibly looked annoyed and immediately looked away.

Jungkook had seen Jimin and Yoongi's entire interaction. He had been making mistakes since he was 'slightly' distracted when Jimin chuckled to himself and the cute way he tilted his head at the book.

Jimin has a very expressive face and all his emotions can be seen. Now that Jimin is looking towards Jungkook he couldn't believe what Yoongi had implied. His internal struggle as to what he feels for Jungkook was a breaking point, no amount of 'it's just best friends feelings' was doing it.

Everything suddenly became overwhelming and Jimin couldn't breathe, all the lies he told himself were falling apart and his own conscious is telling him that this feeling is different, much more than friends. He got flashbacks of how whenever Jungkook smiled and encouraged him in a group of people to speak up whenever someone cut him off. Or how Jungkook treated him more like a 'chingu' (same age friend) unlike their hyungs. Oh, how his heart fluttered whenever Jungkook cracked flirty jokes.

So, Jimin did the best thing he could do at the time as he was visibly hyperventilating, he excused himself to go get some air. He heard Tae in background scolding Yoongi and asking what he did to him.

Once outside, he rested back on the brick wall and let his head fall into his hands. He couldn't hide from his feelings plus Yoongi noticed means he was doing a terrible job of keeping secrets he winced internally.

'What do I feel? I definitely like him more than a friend but I'm sure it's too early to be love. I mean all the novels and movies he has seen showed love as this magical thing. I don't know but it's not friendship, I like him. I LIKE HIM. Omg that's it. I LIKE JUNGKOOK.' Jimin thought and suddenly the burden he had been carrying for the last few days disappeared. He felt lighter as tears of relief ran down his face.

Jimin's biggest crush growing up was Mr.Darcy from Pride and Prejudice and was heightened when say the TV series 1995 version with Colin Firth. He was mesmerized was an understatement.
All his friends liked their classmates but no one had caught his attention. Something about his interactions with Jungkook from the beginning were different and they invoked deep emotions inside him which he never knew he was capable of. But given that he was naive and stubborn he didn't want to admit them.

Now it all made sense but what next? He can't confess his feelings. What Jungkook doesn't reciprocate them?
He couldn't do anything to jeopardize his friendships and their group especially now that they felt more like a family than his own parents. He decided he'll figure it out not a big deal everyone has a crush and they get over it or it fades over time.

While Jimin is regulating his breathing, he feels someone tap on his shoulder. Looks ahead to see it's none other than Jieun. Sanding there with fake concern, she asks "You okay Jimin?"
"I'm fine."
"You don't look so good. Are you feeling okay? Didn't you see everyone is worried especially Jungkook. God knows what magic you did on him."
"W-What? I-I we are friends."
"Yeah right. You follow him around like a lost puppy. So cringe and clingy. I think he's friends with you cause he feels bad for you. People talk you know. So, if I were you I'd be a bit careful about my image."
Turning to leave Jieun added, "That's what I feel but it's up to you. Take care Jimin."

An already distraught Jimin didn't know what to do. What if everyone thought that? He couldn't think clearly. He texted Tae that he isn't feeling well and asked Tae to grab his things too. Jimin ran to his dorm room and locked himself crying.