FALSIFY (Kita Shinsuke)

This was requested in pms on Quotev!

Title: Falsify

Pairings: Kita Shinsuke x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, amnesiac reader

Summary: You find yourself stricken with amnesia, but thankfully your loving husband is there for you.

falsify

/verb/

alter (information or evidence) so as to mislead

When you awoke, there was a certain blankness that you felt inside. You didn't know where you were or even who you were.

The room you were in was small, only really fitting the bed you were lying on and an armchair next to it. The bed was soft, and you found yourself wondering who you shared it with, if there was anyone at all. You lifted your head from the pillow and winced- pain ripped through your head, making you lie back down and let out a soft cry.

You raised a hand to your head and found bandages wrapped around it. So you had been injured? Was that why you couldn't remember anything?

The door to the room creaked open suddenly and you jumped in surprise. A man poked his head into the room, his white-and-black hair framing worried brown eyes.

"(Y/n), how are you doing?" his voice was hesitant and quiet, as though he expected you to start yelling at him.

"(Y/n)? Is that my name?" you muttered, pressing your hand against the bandages around your head again. The man's eyes widened and his mouth parted in shock.

"You... you don't remember?" he asked, "Do you remember me?"

"No, I'm sorry..." you apologized, "I don't remember anything."

The man was quiet for a moment before explaining, "I'm your husband, Kita. You fell down the stairs and hit your head. I was so worried, I thought you had-" he choked up, eyes flooding with tears.

"I'm married?" you wondered, "But I don't have a ring."

"It must have fallen off," Kita said, reaching for your hand, "If I can't find it, I'll get you a new one."

You couldn't help but notice his ring finger was bare too.

—----------------------

Kita was a doting husband, that much you could admit. He had found the ring that had fallen off your finger and, by God, it had a huge diamond.

He cooked every meal for you, bought you gifts, and took such good care of you. There was only one downside to your relationship with him.

He never let you leave the house.

You offered to go shopping with him, begged him to let you be a part of society once more, but he always had an excuse. Even though your head had healed, he insisted on you "resting". Which basically meant staying in your room for eternity.

"Why won't you let me leave the house, Kita?" you asked, swirling your fork through the scrambled eggs he had served for breakfast.

Kita was quiet, sitting across the oak wood table, watching you closely.

"It's not like I'm going to run away," you joked. Kita stiffened for a moment before relaxing.

"I know you won't," he responded, but offered no explanation, as always. You sighed and slid down in your seat, pushing your half-eaten meal to the side.

Kita frowned at your disappointment, "You know I love you, don't you?"

"I love you too," you replied, the words feeling foreign on your tongue, despite the number of times you had said it. He really was an amazing husband, even if he wouldn't let you leave, so who were you to argue? Everyone had their flaws, Kita's was just being a little possessive, right?

"Our anniversary is next week," Kita said, "I was thinking we could go on a vacation."

"Out of the house?" you gasped.

"Out of the house," Kita confirmed with a smile. You beamed back at him, he really was the perfect husband.

To Kita, your amnesia was the best thing that had ever happened. Before your accident while trying to escape, you had been so disobedient and furious that he had kidnapped you. Now, you truly believed that the two of you were married, when that wasn't the case at all.

All he had to do was reward you every once in a while, and you'd stick by his side forever, wouldn't you? You'd believe his lie because he was all you had.

He could pretend to be the good guy, the loving, doting husband, when the truth was that he was a monster that had torn you away from everything you once knew.

Not that you'd ever find out, if he had his way.