Christmas Special Headcanons - Present for Tendou

Requested on my Tumblr

Pairings: Tendou x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, not exactly stockholm syndrome but given up, Tendou no

Summary: You've been Tendo's gift for a year now. Will this Christmas manage to cheer you up?

🎁 Tendou's eyes are half-lidded as he studies your forlorn figure. He hopes that his plan will cheer you up today.

🎁 It was one year ago from today that Tendou received you as a Christmas present from Ushijima. His larger friend wasn't too well-versed on what was morally wrong or right, and that was made obvious when his expression didn't even flicker when Tendou told him what he REALLY wanted.

🎁 Still, it was a huge shock, albeit a good one, to find you sprawled out on his bed, a pretty red bow on your head.

🎁 He'd had you for a full year. You struggled for a long time, especially at first, but now, you just seemed tired. 

🎁 A part of him felt guilty that he'd broken your spirit so much, but it was so worth it to have you by his side, not swatting away the hand stroking your back or leaning away from his warm embrace.

🎁 You opened your presents numbly- not really paying attention, just ripping apart the paper idly. At least, until you got to your last gift, the one Tendou was excited for.

🎁 Tendou waited with bated breath for your reaction. You turned to him questioningly, as though you thought it may be a trick, as you lifted the burner phone up.

🎁 "Now you can call your family. I'll sit in on the calls to supervise but..." Tendou trailed off, beaming at the sight of the smile he was worried he'd never see again.

🎁 Your face lit up brighter than the Christmas tree behind you and you practically hugged the phone. You let Tendou wrap you up in his long arms, too giddy to care about your captor's embrace.

🎁 Tendou's grin was even wider than yours. You'd be talking to your family and friends soon, yes, but Tendou would have the pleasure of seeing you happy more often. And maybe, just maybe, instead of shutting down, you'd simply warm up to him.

🎁 And that was the best Christmas present Tendou could get this year.