WATCHFUL (Goshiki Tsutomu)

A request from pipsqueaks89934 on my Wattpad

Title: Watchful

Pairings: Goshiki Tsutomu x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes

Summary: Goshiki can't approach you, so he opts to watch you instead.

watchful

/adjective/

watching or observing someone or something closely; alert and vigilant:

"Hi (Y/n)! How was your day?" That's all Goshiki wants to say to you.

But he can't.

His throat dries up whenever you come into his vicinity, his body seizes up, and his face turns tomato red. He can't help it, not when you're as amazing as you are. To him, you're a goddess that he desperately wants to worship.

Everything about you is precious, from your shining locks of hair to the shoes you choose to wear each day. And he'd do anything to get a hold of either.

But taking souvenirs has never been his thing. For him, watching you at all hours is the best pastime he could ever ask for.

He didn't understand why you wouldn't notice him, after all, he's the ace of one of the top volleyball teams. But no matter, he would notice you twice as hard!

When you're in class together, he makes sure to sit behind you. As long as there's not a test, he's spacing out and watching the back of your beautiful head. He loves the way your eyelashes flutter when you blink, the way your mouth pushes into a pout when you're thinking hard, and the way your hand shoots into the air when you know the answer.

He's done badly on his classwork for years, and that's all because of you.

When he gets out of volleyball practice, he's itching to see you. You don't have a club, so you always go straight home. It's the only time he's awake and he's not watching you.

He knows the way to your house better than he knows the way to his own. He always trots down the path with a skip in his step, smiling to himself because he'll get to see you soon, in your own natural habitat.

He wonders, if he took you away from the outside world, would you prefer your dream bedroom or the same one you have now? You seem to enjoy your room enough, and he was sure it'd be nostalgic for the both of you.

For now, he couldn't work up the nerve to even wave at you first. He needed a plan before pulling a miracle like that off.

He shakes his head, banishing those thoughts for now. He didn't need daydreams like that when he was heading for the dreamiest girl he'd ever laid his eyes on.

He settles himself in the bush outside your room soon enough, lighting up like a Christmas tree when he spots you at your desk. The smile on his face is so goofy that he's glad you can't see it. You'd think he was childish, wouldn't you?

It doesn't matter. Not when you busy yourself with your laptop. His eyes light up- you've started watching a new YouTuber. Were they recommended to you, perhaps?

You just have it going in the background, but he can see the half-smile that curls across your lips as you listen to the video. Goshiki squints and tries to make out the channel name, but before he knows it, you're climbing into bed and turning on the TV.

The anime you watch is a rerun, one of your favorites. He's glad you're enjoying yourself tonight. You shouldn't be subjected to school work and drama and such. You were much too perfect for that.

And if you just gave him a chance, he'd take you away from all of it.