HUMILIATE (Kuroo Tetsurou)

A request from my Tumblr!

Title: Humiliate

Pairings: Kuroo Tetsurou x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, name calling, death threats (not from Kuroo)

Summary: After an act of cruelty, Kuroo's number one fan has a change of heart.

humiliate

/verb/

make (someone) feel ashamed and foolish by injuring their dignity and self-respect, especially publicly:

It's not until the team is leaving that you manage to catch up to them, a white box clutched closely to the red number 1 jersey you're wearing. Your eyes are shining brightly as you gush over the team's captain.

"Kuroo! You were amazing! That last play was spectacular! I'm so glad you guys won, you deserve it!"

Kuroo's heard it all a million times, not least of all from you. You managed to show up at every game, every event. He knew you mainly by your face, he's not sure if he ever got your name. Your excitement and fangirlish behavior always managed to overwhelm him.

"It's a little late, but..." you thrust the white box forward, into Kuroo's chest. He fumbles it a little, shocked by the sudden assault. The top of the box is clear, showing a vanilla cake with frosting spelling out "Happy Birthday Kuroo!"

Now that's just creepy. He's never had a fan as diehard as you, and it makes him uncomfortable. He's not even sure what to say.

A crowd has gathered by now, mainly of fans from inside the stadium, and it just serves to put more pressure on him as they whisper things about you and him. "Are they dating?" "Isn't that weird?" "Isn't that cute?" "Who does that?"

The other fangirls look on with jealousy and disgust, and he can't help but feel even more overwhelmed by their presence as well. Everything was coming to a halt.

You remained smiling blissfully, unaware that Kuroo was getting sick of all your attention. You'd been at this for so long that this was the last straw to break the camel's back.

You've always disturbed him with your intensity and obsessive behavior. You were practically everywhere he went and always trying to strike up a conversation, even when he clearly wasn't interested. You'd tried to apply for the team manager position when it was open and then even the social media manager position. You were always decked out in merch and often seen carrying a Kuroo plush.

Kuroo let the cake fall from his hands. It seemed to move in slow motion until it hit the ground with a satisfying sound, causing a smile to tug at his lips. The crowd was silent, you were finally silent, frozen in shock and horror, trying to convince yourself it had been an accident.

"You're a freak," he spits out, "You're always following us around and stalking us on social media and in person. It's so creepy, you're lucky you haven't been arrested for harassment. Just leave me alone- everyone would be happier if you left and never came back."

The first tear slipped from your eye and more followed quickly after. He watched as you crumbled into a mess of heartbroken sobs and desperate glances, as though you still thought he might comfort you in this moment of despair.

The group of fangirls began to laugh, their voices high-pitched and cruel. The team and several people in the crowd began to as well, and Kuroo couldn't help but join him. This just seemed to break you more, as you blankly let a couple of sympathetic people in the crown pull you away.