TO SPRING A TRAP (Oikawa Tooru)

Requested on my Tumblr.

This turned out really long, so I had to rush the end a little.

Title: To Spring a Trap

Pairings: Oikawa Tooru x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, FNAF AU, implied murder, swearing, Oikawa is literally William Afton

Summary: Your new job at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza attracts someone's attention.

spring a trap

/phrase/

capture someone or something (such as an animal or criminal) with a trap

The pay is awful and the hours are downright terrible, but it's your only option in such a competitive job market.

You had never pictured yourself as a security guard and, if it weren't for the hiring manager's insistence that nothing ever happens at night, you wouldn't have taken the job.

"It's just that teenagers could break in if we leave the place empty," the manager had explained, "No one's ever tried to break in when we have a security guard on duty."

The pizzeria used to be a broken-down mess, until the new owners got ahold of it and reopened it to the public. You had heard all sorts of rumors about why it closed down, but the main theory was that there had been murders many years ago (long before you were born) and the place had shut down because of the tragedy.

You couldn't tell that the pizzeria had ever been a rotting, crumbling mess. You had taken your niece and nephew to visit several times and the place was always alive with bright colors and noise. The rainbow ball pit was your niece's favorite and your nephew loved the arcade games. The three of you would eat pizza and watch the four animatronics on their respective stages, singing along to the music blasting from the speakers. Chica the chicken with her "Let's Eat" bib, Bonnie the bunny with his electric guitar, Foxy the pirate fox (your nephew's absolute favorite) peeking out from behind his curtains, and, of course, center-stage, Freddy Fazbear with his microphone held up to his smiling mouth.

It was a charming place that you found amusing enough to not check out completely while watching your nephew and niece. Kids sure loved it- there always seemed to be at least one kid celebrating their birthday each time you visited.

It was completely different at night.

The pizzeria was eerily silent, devoid of laughing children, music, and arcade noises. The stage lights were off, casting unnerving shadows across the animatronics' faces. Everything felt wrong about this place and you're not sure you can ever see it the same way. You rubbed the goosebumps on your arms, willing your chills to go away.

An arcade machine turned on suddenly, a whirl of colored lights and loud music, and you jumped about a foot in the air. It turned off again and, clutching your chest, you made your way to the security office.

It's a cramped room, with only enough room for a chair to pull out between the wall and the desk. TV screens showed the different camera angles from both outside and inside the restaurant. You looked closely at the outdoor cameras, pleased to see no movement on any of them. Taking a seat on the plastic white chair, you pulled yourself up to the desk. It's a little too tall compared to the chair, and the desk came up nearly to your shoulders because of it.

By 4 am, your eyes were growing heavy. You're bored out of your mind, even though you know that an uneventful night is a good one. It's all you could do to keep awake.