PRETEND PART 2 (Iwaizumi Hajime)

Requested on Tumblr

Title: Pretend (Part 2)

Pairings: Iwaizumi Hajime x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, marking, suggestive content

Summary: Iwaizumi is the perfect gentleman, your knight in shining armor. Or, at least you thought he was... But sometimes you don't realize someone's playing pretend until it's too late.

pretend

/verb/

speak and act so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not

You felt like a living doll.

A fake smile plastered on your face in clothes that he has picked out for you. No one seems to notice that your smile never matches your cold, dead eyes.

Iwaizumi likes you by his side, dragging you around with his arm around your waist as he talks with his team, as he eats his lunch, as he walks you to your classes, and on the way home. That last one is the worst because now he knows where you live.

Oikawa's fangirls no longer go after you, since it's clear that you're only "interested" in Oikawa's right hand man, and not the superstar himself. Even their razor sharp eyes don't pick up on your discomfort. Neither do your friends.

"You're so lucky!" "He's so handsome!" "He loves you so much!"

He's handsome, yes, and he certainly loves you (too much), but you aren't lucky. In fact, you are the least lucky person in the world. If you were lucky, you would have been enrolled in a different school, not the hell Iwaizumi had turned Aoba Johsai into.

Iwaizumi is the most possessive person you know. His arm being around you at all times is the least of your concerns. It's the moments when he pulls you into a closet and leaves "love bites" all over your neck. Where people can definitely see it, of course. You try pulling up your collar, but it's in vain. If they faded or were hidden somehow, he'd just replace them with even deeper markings.

As he sits you down at the table his team sits at, you desperately hope that they'll notice something. Anything. The pain in your eyes, the way your smile falters when Iwaizumi's attention turns to you, the way you clearly want to be anywhere else.

But no. They don't. Of course, they don't.

Oikawa coos over you until Iwaizumi's snarling at him to back off. Hanamaki and Matsukawa laugh behind their hands at Oikawa's whiny "Iwa-chan!" and a part of you wonders if they know you're miserable and they're laughing at your suffering.

The first and second years pout and whine about how they want a girlfriend too. One as pretty and sweet as you. There's an unsaid "as submissive as you" somewhere in there.

You sit there, unmoving and unfeeling, as their practice match rages on. Iwaizumi hits the ball as hard as he can and, you can tell, as his eyes flicker to you, that he expects you to clap and cheer for him.

You can smile and pretend you're watching, but no way in hell can he make you do anything more than that for him.

Or maybe he will. There was a time where you weren't smiling, but now, here you were, fake smile plastered on your face from dawn to dusk, stretching the corners of your face until they were sore.

The only good thing about him was that he respected your boundaries. To a point.

When he cornered you in a storage closet, all hot and bothered for who knows why, he listened when you told him not to go too far. He was left pushing his hands in your shirt only high enough to stroke and grope your stomach. And, of course, leave hickies up and down your neck.

It was in these moments, that he let you see his emotions, the stoic expression replaced by something so loving and so disturbing. His eyes were soft, but dark with something you couldn't place. It was close to lust, but that wasn't it. Obsession seemed to fit better than anything else.

Considering Iwaizumi barely gave you time to breathe, you felt that you may just be right on the money.

The first time he kissed you, it was in the school hallway, filled with curious onlookers. You watched as his lips grew closer and closer, but you were frozen in place, unable to even move your face away. It was short and sweet, more of a peck than anything.

The rest of the kisses were hot and heavy in the storage closets, as though he was hoping you'd say yes to less innocent activities. It would be a cold day in hell before you accepted that offer.

He still treated you like a princess, as though he could somehow still be your knight in shining armor after all he'd done to you. There were moments- times when you were both alone, when he would gaze at you with a faraway look, as though he felt bad about what he'd done to you.

Guilty that he'd turned you into this living husk.

You would never forgive him. Not even if he got on his knees and begged you, tears running down his cheeks.

Your eyes glazed over as Iwaizumi wrapped you up in a hug after another Seijoh victory. You went limp in his arms, refusing to reciprocate. He either didn't notice or he didn't care.

He leaned back and studied your expression for a moment, before something akin to guilt flashed through his eyes and his mouth parted in the beginning of a "sorry".

Then, it was gone as soon as it appeared.

"Let me walk you home."

It's not a question. It never is.