SILENT (Kyoutani Kentarou)

Requested on my Tumblr.

This is the SFW version, the NSFW version is on my Tumblr. That's why the ending's a little awkward.

Title: Silent

Pairings: Kyoutani Kentarou (Mad Dog) x Reader

WARNINGS: Yandere themes, Kyoutani is manipulative without saying a damn word lmao

Summary: Prince Kyoutani proposes a contract that you can't refuse.

silent

/adjective/

not expressed aloud

You only met him once.

It was a ball meant to raise spirits and forge stronger connections between your kingdom and a few others. As the crown princess, you had a major role in conversing with all of the other kingdoms' crown princes and princesses.

If you were to be honest, you barely remembered him.

There were so many people to greet and be polite to and dance with and talk business with. You only realized he was the crown prince of Seijoh because of his outfit, not because you recognized him or anything like that. You were a busy woman, after all.

For some reason, among all of the crown princesses and high society women, you were the one that stood out to him. So much so that he had demanded an arranged marriage with you.

His father did all of the talking. Prince Kyoutani said not a word, though the king made it clear that his son was the one who requested the arrangement. Strange how someone so eager to make such a huge life decision could act so disinterested.

To make things even more confusing, the marriage contract was filled with rules meant to be followed, with no listed consequences. One would think that, if you were to break the terms, then the contract would be voided, but that didn't seem to be the goal by placing lines like "Neither party will commit adultery" and such.

You knew that, as a princess, you had a duty to marry a prince to strengthen the bonds between the two kingdoms, but this just seemed so sudden. You weren't ready.

The king of Seijoh seemed to accept your answer, but it was only a day later that he called another urgent meeting. He seemed shaken as he informed you that his son did not accept your rejection and that he would go to extreme measures to ensure the two of you married.

Declare war against your kingdom because you wouldn't marry him? Was he insane?

Your kingdom was enjoying a century of peace. You couldn't be the ruler who dragged them into a war based on her own selfish feelings, could you?

You could almost see the victorious aura that Prince Kyoutani radiated.

The two of you married in early spring. It was a beautiful wedding- even you had to admit that through your tears. Prince Kyoutani had hired someone to do most of the planning and they had done a great job, with the fancy decorations, the gorgeous dress, and the delicious cake.

You couldn't help but notice it looked very similar to the ball you two had met at, just all white instead of red and gold. You wondered if that was on purpose or merely a coincidence, but you assumed the former.

Your husband hadn't spoken a word to you yet, but you could tell his emotions even through his stoic mask. You had always been good at doing so, since that was an important trait to have during business meetings.

You're just as quiet as he is, reminding yourself that it's for the best. For your kingdom.

He never really had to say a word to get his way, did he?