Chapter 76: Kakashi's Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Since you're really organizing special training, Yumi-sensei, I must bring my teammates to learn from it," Asuma expressed his intention to support Mutsuki, as he had just graduated as a Genin this year.

Honestly, Asuma felt that Mutsuki might not be as strong as a Jonin, but his teaching abilities were definitely much stronger than Asuma's Jonin sensei.

Every weekend after training with Mutsuki, he felt he gained a lot.

Spending a month learning from Mutsuki would undoubtedly bring much greater benefits than their usual training.

...

"Kakashi, let's have a match full of youth and passion."

"I understand the sentiment, but can you please not come in when I'm taking a bath next time!" Kakashi, lying in the bathtub, looked at the suddenly appearing Guy and said with a sigh.

He was also exasperated; why did Guy always appear at such awkward moments?

"Because I was training during the day, that's why I came at this time," Guy explained.

"Can't you go out first?" Kakashi, looking at the unmoving Guy explaining in place, felt a bit of a headache.

Why did it feel like among his few friends, only Rin was a normal person?

Guy then walked out, and when he reached the door, he curiously turned back and looked, prompting Kakashi to throw a bottle directly at him.

"Next time, I'll definitely set traps at the bathroom door!" Kakashi warned Guy after finishing his bath.

Ignoring Kakashi's words, Guy clenched his fists, his face full of enthusiasm, and shouted, "Kakashi, let's have another intense battle at full strength."

"This time my strength is different from before; if you're careless, you might lose,"

"Let's go to the courtyard; I hope your strength matches your words." Kakashi said nonchalantly.

"This time I secured the top spot in the Academy's Grade. Don't underestimate me!" Guy raised his thumb and laughed heartily.

"Isn't that something anyone can achieve just by participating?" Kakashi, who had never been defeated in Academy exams, said indifferently.

As the two walked into the courtyard, their eyes locked, nodding to each other, signifying the beginning of their battle.

"Konoha Great Whirlwind!"

Guy, aware of Kakashi's strength, immediately unleashed the newly learned Chakra burst technique required for Soru, swiftly charging towards Kakashi and delivering a Whirlwind Kick. Although he hadn't fully mastered Soru, adding a speed boost using its techniques proved effective.

"Hmm? This speed."

Kakashi, caught off guard by Guy's unexpected speed, couldn't evade in time and directly blocked Guy's kick with his arm, taking a few steps back.

Guy, unrelenting, immediately charged again, aiming to prevent Kakashi from utilizing Ninjutsu through relentless offensive pacing. However, Kakashi was not Obito, and Guy was astonished to find that he wasn't gaining the upper hand in their Taijutsu exchange, gradually falling into a disadvantage.

"Konoha Whirlwind!"

Gradually turning the tide, Kakashi delivered a powerful Whirlwind Kick, sending Guy flying. He then used a Body Flicker Jutsu to place a Kunai directly at Guy's neck.

"Kakashi, your Konoha Whirlwind seems a bit off," Guy honestly pointed out.

"As long as it wins the battle," Kakashi said, putting away the Kunai. Having only seen Guy use it a few times, he couldn't replicate it perfectly.

Kakashi just wanted to settle the score for Guy's intrusion into the bath, giving him a bit of frustration. However, he found that Guy had no reaction to being defeated by his own Taijutsu, which he excelled in.

"Truly, my eternal rival, you're just too strong," Guy proudly declared.

In this battle, Kakashi didn't even use much Ninjutsu to defeat him. Kakashi, seeing Guy's expression, didn't know what to say for a moment. Those unaware might think that Guy had won the fight.

"Next time I challenge you, I'll become even stronger!" Feeling the renewed spark between them, Guy greeted Kakashi and immediately ran off to continue training.

"Guy's been growing stronger at a faster rate recently..." Kakashi mused as he watched Guy's retreating figure.

Today, Guy's performance surprised him a bit. The initial kick genuinely left him bewildered, something that would have been impossible before.

---

Don't forget to check out my patreon where you can read up to 50 advanced chapters https://www.patreon.com/CrazyNinja