37 | A Happy Start

"Aaron, keep an eye on your mother while I'm away, all right?" I asked of him.

"Okay, papa. If anything, then I'll text you." He assured.

"Good boy." I patted his head gently and made my way out of the food court.

The kids began pleading today that they wanted to go to the mall, just for the fun zone and food court treats. We couldn't refuse those cute little puppy eyes, so here we are. My family and Ryan along with his daughter.

Emily would've come too, but she was now a known fashion designer and had a dress to deliver today.

I held Valerie's hand and walked up to Ryan who was holding Ada by an arm and had my son in another.

Yup, I and Hanna just had a fifth child, it's only been a couple weeks since Mylo's birth, the reason I was concerned about Hanna and for me to make Aaron keep an eye on her. Shewas still to recover after giving birth, but here she was for the sake of our children.

Ada took hold of Valerie's hand while I attempted to take Mylo in my arms, but Ryan didn't let go of his nephew, I laughed and let him be, taking upon me to watch the girls as we walked to get them some dresses.

We entered a shop and bought dresses for Yitzel, Dearra, Valerie and Ada. Since the store didn't have clothes for boys, we went to another shop close by and bought a T-shirt, trouser and a jacket for Aaron. From there we made our way to a baby shop.

We were only looking at things to buy when my phone buzzed. I casually pulled it out to check the text, but got serious when I saw that the text was from Hanna's number. It'd to be Aaron! I quickly opened the text.

"Papa, mumma's being annoyed by a meanie! That aunt doesn't seem good, come soon."

"On my way, Aaron. You don't intervene, stay where you're and look after your sisters." I replied and looked for Ryan in the store.

"What happened?" He asked looking at my frantic state.

"Aaron said some mean aunty is troubling Hanna, I'm heading to the food court." I proceeded to make a run there, but he stopped me. "What?" Turned out it wasn't Ryan, but Valerie who'd stopped me.

"Papa, me come too. Mean aunty trouble mumma, me beat!" She showed me her tiny fist.

"Take her, I'll have Mylo." Ryan smiled.

"Thanks," I said to Ryan and left with my two year old daughter.

Reaching the food court, I spotted Hanna at the counter to collect the ordered food and walked over.

"Papa!" Aaron called.

I gestured for him to be with the girls and went ahead myself.

"You all right!?" I ran to her, my worry visible on my face.

"Superb timing love," She smiled and I couldn't help stealing a peck from her lips. I looked at the 'mean aunty' and realised that it was Sharon from all those years ago.

I looked back at Hanna, all our kids were now running towards us.

"Mumma, look what papa bought us," Valerie held up the tote bag of the clothing store that we'd bought the girls dresses from.