22 | True Gem

"Where's Hanna?"

"Gym. It's been an hour, though. She'll be out___" Ryan paused to look at his left, then added. "Oh, there she is."

I looked at him like I was seeing him for the first time. Was this the Ryan I knew?

"What'd he do that you're staring at him like that?" Hanna asked.

"He didn't only let you enter in, but also work out?" I asked.

"Oh, that explains your staring and it's sensible, I stared at him too when he told me I can work out in there." Hanna said, we looked at Ryan. He rolled his eyes at us.

"I was being kind, okay?" He replied a little annoyed.

"Aww, come here." Hanna opened her arms and leaned in to hug her brother.

"Don't come near me!" He yelled and they began running around the couches.

She was all sweaty from the work out and he'd just taken his shower. Hanna doesn't like it either, but she sure does like to tease her brother. I laughed from a good distance making sure I don't get between those two. Soon Emily joined.

"They're already on it?" She laughed beside me.

"Stop you two," Mr. Kelsey said from behind us, addressing his children while with his grin on seeing them get on to each other plastered on his face. For which Mrs. Kelsey swatted his arm. "What happened now?"

"I just wanted to hug him for letting me work out in his gym." Hanna replied.

"She's sweaty!" Ryan reasoned.

Hanna ceased the moment and leaned in, pecking his left cheek. She made sure not to get her sweat on him and ruffled his hair after backing away.

"I'll get my shower." She went upstairs and we men settled on the couches as Emily went to the kitchen to help Mrs. Kelsey prepare breakfast.

"How did you let her___" Mr. Kelsey began, but Ryan stopped him.

"Not you too, dad."

"These two will never change," Mr. Kelsey shook his head. We laughed.

It was his 22nd birthday yesterday and Hanna had given him the best of all that he's ever gotten in his whole life.

She transformed the basement of their house into a gym and presented it to him with all the equipments.

"Didn't I once tell you that she's always known what I want without me having to say it?" Ryan suddenly said from beside me.

"I wouldn't be surprised of that, Ryan. She raised you and so knows you." His father said.

"Didn't I tell you that too?" He whispered so his father wouldn't hear him.

He clearly doesn't want to admit that to anyone, not even to Hanna. So I knew I did the right thing by not telling Hanna when Ryan told that to me for the first time.

"She's given him motherly love more than I ever had." Mrs. Kelsey walked out of the kitchen and to us.

"That doesn't mean you didn't at all, mom." Ryan draped an arm across her shoulders. "You're my darling." He lightly pinched her cheeks, Mrs. Kelsey smiled at her son and patted his cheek. "Is breakfast done already, I'm hungry."

"Emily's on it, she said she'd take care of it and asked me to go sit with you all."

Hanna came down too and went to help Emily when she found that the girl was working alone in there. Some 15 minutes later they set the table and called us.