19 | That Was Her!?

"It's just like how sis spoilt Daisy," Ryan said.

"And we call it love for babies," Hanna backed him up making us all laugh.

We got to our vehicles and straight to my place. As soon as we entered in, Hanna's phone rang and from how she acted, it was like she knew who the caller was without even looking at the ID. She gathered all of us on the couch and answered the call gesturing all to remain silent.

"Yes, Emma?" Hanna said.

She knew my sister more than I did, she knew Emily would call her even if the photos were sent to her through my phone.

"Was that picture taken from back camera, or selfie camera?" My cousin asked. Silly, silly girl.

"Hahaha, smart one. I'll answer you straight away, that's my left hand." Hanna said.

"You serious?"

"Yep, where are your pare___" And Han wasn't able to finish the sentence, because the hype one of my sister was screaming on the other side.

"Anne! Baba! Nişanlandılar!!"
(Mom! Dad! They got engaged!!)

Hearing that Anna turned on the translator on her mobile, keeping it in a distance from where Ryan and Issac could read it too.

"Kızım, sakinleş biraz, bir kardiyoloğa kalp krizi geçireceksin yoksa.
(Girl, calm a bit down, or else you'll give a heart attack to a cardiologist.) Uncle yelled at her sounding frightened himself, I could imagine aunt Sarah jump on her seat on hearing her daughter.

"Açık açık söylesene. Kim nişanlandı? Kiminle nişanlandı?"
(Speak more clearly. Who got engaged? With whom?) Aunt Sarah asked.

"Ya abim diyorum, nişanlandı!"
(I'm talking about my brother, he got engaged!)

Ryan was controlling his laugh, he wanted to laugh out loud very badly. I slapped my head on hearing Emily's exclamations.

"Kızım, ne saçmalıyorsun gecenin bu saatte ya, iyi misin sen?"
(Girl, what nonsense are you talking about at this hour of the night, are you all right?) Uncle asked.

"Hopârlör açıyorum şuan, Hanna telefon da..."
(I'm turning on the speaker now, Hanna's on the phone...)

Oh, she finally remembered us!

"Merhabalar!"
(Hello everyone!) Hanna spoke and I suddenly realised that I've never heard Hanna make long conversations in the language, the one time she did at the amusement park didn't count as those were only a couple words.

This was going to be interesting.

"Merhaba canım, ne duyuyorum ben şuan? Biz olmadan nişanlandınız mı ikiniz?"
(Hello dear, what am I hearing now? You two got engaged without us?) Aunt asked.

"Yok yenge, olur mu öyle bi' şey? Siz ona dinlemeyin,"
(No aunty, can something like that happen? You don't listen to her,) I replied.

"Yani tören, kutlama falan olmadı, siz olmadan olmaz tabiki, ama yeğeniniz evlenme teklif etti bana bende kabul ettim."
(That is, there was nothing like a ceremony, or a celebration, there won't be one without you of course, but your nephew proposed me and I accepted.) Hanna clarified.

"Tebrikler çocuklar, mutluluklar dileriz,"
(Congrats children, we wish you lots of happiness,) Uncle Steve congratulated us.

"Kızım, çok mutlu oldum,"
(I'm so happy for you girl,) Emily said.