21 | To Do List

"Here's today's to do list," Hanna handed me a paper. "As the first thing, I'm going to try on wedding gowns and footwear. Then we're moving to select the groom's attire, then___"

"I can't anymore," I stopped her.

Why? Because I wasn't paying any attention to it. We'd just had breakfast and she grabbed a chocolate bar from the fridge afterwards. As she finished it while making the list, there was some left on her lower lip which kept distracting me; more like drawing all of my attention to it. So that's why I stopped her and I need not tell how.

The chocolate tasted good, by the way.

"Why does this feel so good as the day is nearing?" She asked when I pulled away.

"Feeling the thrill?" I asked, feeling it myself. She nodded.

"Just 18 more days," She pecked me again.

"Let's go through the list now." She took the list which had fallen on the floor when I tasted the chocolate.

Ryan walked out of his room then, thankfully not a minute ago. Hanna still felt weird around him after he'd found out about our movie date. She'd have freaked out if he'd walked in on us now.

"How much more to be set?" He asked taking a seat from across us.

"Everything is done, just the outfits and the decorations." Hanna replied eyes fixed on the paper.

"Huh, hmm." Ryan nodded and picked up the remote to switch on the television.

"Yes," Hanna said.

It was 9.30 am now. My phone buzzed with a text notification.

From Ryan.

"Exactly at 10?" It read.

"Yeah, everything set?" I texted back.

"Yes, also mine is going to be better than whatever you've got."

"C'mon, you don't even know what it is!"

Ryan was typing his reply when Hanna spoke and he flinched a little.

"Are you paying attention?" She asked me. "Put that phone aside, whoever it is can wait till we're done here,"

"I need to get to this, just gimme a sec." I told her and read the text.

"I don't need to, I know it's going to be better than whatever yoyea od" The text read. I stifled a laugh.

"You mean whatever yours is" I replied correcting the errors in his text that probably happened when he flinched at Han's voice.

I put my phone in my back pocket and faced her.

"Who was that?" She asked. "And what where you talking about?"

"Nothing important, just the usual teasing between friends." I kept it short knowing she wouldn't ask more.

She was so understanding and never pressed me to talk about anything that I didn't want to. I love her for that along with so many other things too of course.

"Oh, okay. We'll leave at 11 then, is that okay with you?"

"Totally," I shrugged. She faced her brother.

"You want to come too? You could use some shopping, you're the bride's brother and the groom's best friend after all."

"A great privilege to hold on to, but no. I'm not going to go shopping, thank you." He refused.