25 | Let It Out

"Always?" I asked.

"Always," Ryan nodded.

That made me smile.

She's comfortable enough with me to show this side of hers and I was glad to know that I've become someone to her that she's always been to the ones around her. She was the one taking care of everyone, now she's let me take care of her; it was something the others haven't done, or she's never let them, but me.

Ryan gestured for me to wake her up as he went to take out the suitcase from the trunk.

I gently took the veil from over her head and kissed her forehead. That woke her up.

"What an amazing sight to wake up to." She smiled, then saw that the door was open. "We reached?"

"Yeah," I bent over and opened her side of the door, before walking out to help her get out of the vehicle. "Be careful with the gown," I said when she accidentally stepped on it while getting out.

"I'll be back in 5, wait here." Ryan said to the driver and walked with us to the front door of the villa.

It was beautiful, with a large front yard covered in green grass. The exterior of the building was painted white with pale brown lining the details. Hanna handed Ryan the keys, he opened it to reveal a spacious set up.

The flooring was of wood and the walls were all painted in white, contrast to the brown flooring. He took us to the backyard which had a pool on one side and a hammock on the other.

He showed us the five rooms which were all equally big with furnitures all set, but didn't enter the master bedroom and told that it was our personal space, for which Hanna smacked his right arm. We continued to admire the place.

Splendid.

That was the word that came to my mind.

"Did daddy really have to do this?" She asked and I thought she was talking about buying the villa, until my eyes landed on what she was looking at.

She was looking out of the room and into the living room. There was a big frame of a couple in their wedding attire.

Elsa Yeoman and David Yeoman.

The words were carved on the wooden frame. I let go of her hand that I was holding and slowly walked to it. After looking at it for a good few seconds, I reached up to brush my fingers against the glass.

26th February. Their day, our day.

Someone placed a hand on my right shoulder from behind, I turned around to find Hanna. I smiled at her and faced the frame again, taking hold of her hand.

"When I resolved that I'd remember their day happily and never shut the world out, I met you. Now after a year, here I'm in front of them again, as us." I said to Hanna, then addressed the frame in front of us. "Mom, dad, bless us." That's all I could say to and ask from them.

Bless us.

Hanna gave my hand a gentle squeeze and we walked back to Ryan.

"Okay, guys. I'll leave now, take care and don't forget you've exams in a couple days." Ryan winked.

"Thanks for the reminder," Hanna narrowed her eyes at her brother. He laughed and proceeded to leave.