Volume 1 Chapter Twenty-One: Blake's Secret

It has been a week since the Forever Fall Incident happened and since Cardin hasn't bothered Jaune or Velvet at all, Team JNPR seemed like they were in unity once again, however Team RWBYS wasn't the same. Silver had been barely talking to any of his teammates and especially Weiss. He hasn't even called her by the nickname he gave her. Yang tried to ask him what was bothering him but Silver brushed it off completely.

The others had really starting to get worried that something had happened so Weiss came up with the idea to walk around the city to see the preparations for the Vytal Festival. Something she had wanted to do anyway but thought this was a good time for it.

Silver was barely convinced to go with him, with major help from Ruby giving him the puppy dog eyes and the group headed into the City. When they started walking around the streets there were banners and red, yellow and green streamers and balloons around the city.

The shopkeep who seems to work at every business in the entire city was putting up a banner in bright red letters saying "WELCOME TO VALE" for all the foreign students who would be coming to Vale from their respective kingdoms.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss...it's kinda weirding me out...

Yang: You should look when she's writing in that diary of her's then, she smiles like it's the best thing ever.

Weiss: I'm not writing in a diary...I'm writing notes for class.

Yang: So you write your class notes in a book with Diary written on the front of it?.

Weiss: Whatever...anyway how could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

Silver: That smile...no Silver no!

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you!

Yang: So Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

Weiss: I've heard some students from the other kingdoms will be arriving today for the tournament. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: *scoffs* You can't prove that!

Silver: Sure...so that notepad you have on your desk with the different team names and strength and weaknesses on it means you aren't spying?

Weiss: I...I'm just studying for the tournament.