65| Perfect timing

Two Weeks Later

"Again!"

I take a deep breath and get ready for the next simulation. I throw energy blasts at the targets as they surround me. I get done with it and Sue appears.

"Are you done?"

"Should I do another one?"

"That's not what I meant, Aurora."

I've been doing simulations and constant training to not think about Beacon Hills. Stiles has called about a million times.

Even my mom's called. The only person who hasn't is Scott. And it hurts. He's the one person I want to hear from. After everything we've been through I thought I could trust him.

"Aurora.. you need to go back."

"Why?" I ask. "So, I can be constantly criticized."

I walk past her and into the main part of the building. She follows me, though I'm not surprised. I get onto the elevator.

"Stiles called me."

"How the hell did he get your number?"

"Does it matter?"

The doors open and I walk off.

"Point is, he wants you to call him."

"Not happening."

I head straight to the kitchen for water. I rummage through the fridge for my water bottle.

"He knows you very very well because he gave me a message to give to you."

"Which is?"

I take a sip of my water.

"Your mother put Lydia in Eichen."

I choke, nearly dropping my water bottle.

"My mom did what!"

"I don't know what Eichen but he said you would know."

I set my water bottle down and throw a portal. I run through it. I look around the house.

"Mom!" I yell. "Mom!"

I get no answer. I run to the garage to find her car gone.

"Fuck this."

I throw another portal. I walk through Eichen. The nurses stare at me, moving out of my way.

"You can't be here!"

"Fuck off!"

I go down the stairwell until I reach the hallway that Scott and I argued. I ignore the feeling in my stomach. It's like I'm reliving it all over again.

The pain I felt when he admitted it. I already hated myself enough for everything. That was just the icing on top.

I walk until I reach the room Lydia is in. She doesn't even look alive. Her eyes are open but she isn't awake.

I slowly walk in when I see the side of her head. There's a spot that's shaved and looks like a needle was inserted.

"Oh, Lyd.." I put my hand on her head. "Wake."

Her eyes start fluttering.

"Ror-"

"Perfect timing."

A needle is stabbed into my neck and I fall to the ground.

"Lyd, go.."

I close my eyes and everything goes dark.