49| Go be the hero on your world

Weeks Later

"A little higher.." I say. "There ya go."

Allison fixes the banner hanging from the ceiling. I look around the house until my eyes land on Theo.

"I think he took it the hardest. He kinda hid himself away."

"And what about you?"

I turn to look at her. She forces a smile and looks down.

"We all took it hard. You were a hero here.. you were our hero."

I turn around but everything changes. I look around the dark area. It's like some abandoned warehouse. I start to walk when I see everyone fighting. My heart drops when I see a sword stabbed into Allison's chest.

"Allison!"

She falls to the ground. I run towards her just as Scott does the same. He pulls her onto his knees.

"No.. no.. no.."

"I can't take your pain."

"That's because it doesn't hurt."

This isn't the Allison of this Earth, it's my Allison. This is going to happen back home. I turn around, bumping into Stiles.

"You okay?"

"I need to get back home. I need to get back home, now!"

I run through the house and down to the basement where Lydia is talking to our mom.

"Please, please, tell me you found a way to send me home." I say. "I need to go. My Allison is going to die if I don't get back now. I couldn't save Lainey but maybe I can save her."

They look at each other.

"What?"

"If we combine our powers we could." My mom says. "A collective of three Maximoff witches. Wanda, myself and Lydia could all do it."

I tilt my head. There's something they're not telling me.

"But what's the consequence?"

"We'd be giving up our magic in the process." Lydia says. "We'd be going against the laws of the multiverse to send you back."

"I can't let you do that."

"You don't belong here, Aurora, and for the White Witch.. we're prepared to make that sacrifice."

"So many people have already sacrificed enough for me."

"We're doing this for the multiverse.. and the Aries Twins. Lydia of your universe needs you."

"Wanda is already on her way here.. time to say your goodbyes."

I walk up the stairs and face everyone. I look at Lainey. Being here for the weeks I have has made me come to realize I was being selfish. But that doesn't mean my feelings weren't valid. I had to deal with my own pain on top of Stiles and Noah's.

"We knew you couldn't stay here forever."

"Thank you.." I smile. "For making me realize I would've made a huge mistake making the most important people in my life forget me."

"You may not be our Aurora but you gave us the closure we needed."

I look at Theo.

"When I get back maybe I'll look for my Theo."

"He's a lucky man."

"We're ready."

I turn around and the three of them stand together. I follow them out to the backyard. One by one they hover their hands over one another. Red energy blasts in the center of them.