55| I can take care of myself

I walk into school to find Malia standing at my locker. I let out a deep breath and continue walking.

"Can I help you?"

"Stiles told me about your talk."

I hold my hand out and she looks at it confused.

"My names Aurora Martin."

"I know what your name is."

"This.. is us starting over."

"Malia Tate."

"Nice to meet you, Malia Tate."

She nods her head and shakes my hand.

"Good.. I gotta go."

"Why is Derek here?"

"Huh?"

"I saw him walk into the boys locker room."

I look at her confused. I really haven't talked to Derek so why he's here is beyond me.

"Is Scott in there?"

"I don't think he's here yet."

I don't say anything before walking away. I walk into the boys locker room. Derek is holding Liam up against the lockers.

"Derek, put him down!"

Liam takes one look at me and his yellow eyes go away.

"You were right.. he is angry."

I glare at him as he puts Liam down. I try to hide my smile when Liam turns to Derek with pure anger inside him.

This is their first time meeting and it isn't going so well. I wasn't expecting a lot considering Derek is Derek.

I turn my head as the bell rings. I look back at Liam. He wants to rip Derek's head off.

"Get to class, Liam."

He looks at me. I tilt my head until he walks around me. I turn back to Derek and his smile has dropped.

"A lot's been going on."

I slowly nod. A lot has gone on. We haven't really been able to catch up. I kinda miss him. As much as I hate to admit.

"You're not to blame for any of this."

"I know.. I just can't help but feel like things would be different if I hadn't been selfish."

"Sometimes you need to be selfish."

I sit down beside him. I lean my head against his arm.

"You know I'm proud of you, right?" He asks. "You just remind me so much of Laura."

"So, when are you leaving?" I smile at his unease. "You came back for Laura and then you stayed for.. whatever reason."

"One thing I promised myself is that I would protect you."

"I don't really need your protecting."

"I know you don't but that doesn't mean I will ever stop protecting you."

"I should probably get to class."

I get up, walking towards the door.

"You think you're alone in all of this but you're not. You're a part of a pack that's more like a family."

I smile before leaving the locker room. I go on with the rest of my classes. I wait by Kira's locker when I finally see her walking towards me.

"Took you forever."