28| I'm enjoying the view

"Focus.. breathe... and feel it."

I circle around Lydia whose eyes are closed. We've been trying for weeks to get her to use her magic.

I can feel inside her. It's just a matter of her believing she can use it. I'm probably not the best teacher either. Wanda would've done a better job.

She opens her eyes and exhales loudly. I stand in front of her with my arms crossed.

"Lyd, you need to take this seriously."

"You told me a few weeks ago that I'm a Banshee but also a witch.. and you're a witch and part Banshee. I'm taking it as seriously as I can."

I roll my eyes. The faster we get her to be able to control her magic the better. I can feel it inside her, alls she needs to do is embrace it. 

I twist my hand, holding up a white energy ball. She stares at it in awe. I close my hand and it disappears. 

"How do you do that?"

"You'd probably be able to do it if you tried."

"I'm trying, Rory."

I know she is. And it's not her fault I'm a shitty teacher. She'd be a lot better in Mordo's hands but considering everyone thinks he's dead that's probably not a good idea. 

 I cut our little training session short. She goes to pick up Lainey to go to the mall She claimed she needed a shopping spree after the stress I put her through. 

I drive back to the house, seeing Stiles Jeep parking in my normal spot. I get out and smile when he walks towards me with a bouquet of flowers. 

"Sunflowers for the light of my life."

"God.. you're such a flirt."

He puts his hand around my was it and pulls me in. I give him a quick peck before grabbing the flowers and walk towards the door. 

We walk to the kitchen where I have all of our ingredients laid out for our date. I've been craving cookies lately and I thought it'd be a cute idea to bake together. It's clearly not.

"I said sugar, does this look like sugar to you?"

I look at the cup of sugar Stiles gave me.

"It's brown sugar."

"I didn't ask for brown sugar."

"Apologies."

He grabs the measuring cup from my hand. He dumps the brown sugar back into it's container before bringing me new cup of regular granulated sugar.

"That's more like it."

I dump the sugar into the mixing bowl. He watches as I mix in the rest of the ingredients.

"Are you just going to keep watching or are you gonna help?"

"I'm enjoying the view."

I hide my smile, turning the mixer on. I look at him, playing with his growing hair as he picks me up and puts me on the island.

"I love you."

"I know." He smirks.

"You dork."

He pulls me in for a long and sensual kiss. I pull apart once I hear the front door open. I jump off the island just as my mom walks in.

"Making cookies?"

"I thought it'd be a cute date idea."

"What kind?"

"Your favorite."

"Peanut butter with the little Hershey kisses in the middle?"

"Of course."

"My favorite daughter."

I smile as she walks over to kiss the side of my head. She says a quick hello to Stiles before disappearing to her room.

"I meant it, Stiles.. I really do love you and I know I haven't said it since the dance but with everything going on.. it just feels right to say it."

"I love you too, Rory."

"Awe! My lover boy!"

He blushes, turning his head away.

"Don't lie. I know you love it when I call you that."

He quickly turns around, throwing a handful of flour at me. I stand still, shocked.

"That's what we're doing? Okay.." I walk over to my extra egg yolks. "Fine."

I grab a handful and throw it at him.