27| I'll kill them

I walk into the old Hale house, staring at Peter's back.

"God, I was really hoping you weren't really back."

He turns around smiling.

"What is this one doing here?"

"This one could make sure you stay dead next time." I snap. "I'm here for Lainey. We're late to the game."

Lainey walks around Derek and towards me. Apparently Boyd and Erica are leaving town. Isaac wanted to leave too, he tried convincing Lainey. She wouldn't budge. 

"Let's go, Lain."

I drive to the school for the game. We don't really talk. I didn't even know about Boyd and Erica leaving until Isaac told me at school earlier. I heard about it first from him than my own best friend. 

We look around for Noah on the bleachers. I see him sitting beside Melissa. Since Matt's been killed Scott told her about what he is and by association he told her I'm a witch. It's been awkward. Noah still doesn't even know that Lainey is a werewolf. 

I see her slightly wave to me as I walk towards her. I sit beside her, giving her a warm smile. She puts her hand on my knee, slightly squeezing it before letting go. Lainey sits next to Noah. 

"Oh no.. why is my son running onto the field?"

I look at the field and see Stiles running onto the field.

"I think he's playing.." I smile and stand up. "Wooh! Yeah, Stiles!"

I sit back down when Lydia walks up to us. She sits beside me, rubbing her hand on my arm. The last week has been awkward for everyone. No one's really talked to one another. And it doesn't help that I've been so enthralled in the Darkhold. The only person I have been talking to is Stiles. 

The game starts and the opposing team already shoots two goals. Stiles hasn't really done much except for catch the ball and do absolutely nothing with it.

"He's probably just warming up."

I look at Noah who is staring at the game. The ball then hits his head and the crowd boos.

"Come on, Stiles! You got this!"

"He definitely doesn't got this."

"Have faith, Lyd."

I see the number fourteen get on the field.

"Let's go, Isaac!"

Now, it's Lainey's turn to yell. 

"So, when did you two start dating?" 

Noah looks at Lainey concerned. 

"It's kind of a blur.."

"You know he was a murder suspect, right?"

"Falsly accused, dad."

Isaac knocks out every single player on the bench so Scott can play in the game. Lainey stands up when Isaac gets thrown to the ground. The medics put him on a stretcher and bring him towards the school. 

Lainey grabs my arm. She pulls me off of the bleachers with her. We head towards the school. 

"Why couldn't you go alone?"

"Because I have a bad feeling."

I roll my eyes as we walk into the school. I follow her to the boys locker room. I see Isaac leaning against one of the sinks with Gerard and another man standing in front of him with a sword. Gerard holds up the sword, stopping when he sees me in the reflection of the mirror.