16| I'm going to trust the Argents

I watch Allison and Scott climb up the rock wall. After they're done Coach looks around for his next victims.

"Uhh.. Stilinski, Martin, you're next."

"Which one?" I ask. "Because I'm not climbing up that."

"I didn't ask."

"Neither did I.. I'm. Not. Climbing. That."

Coach and I have a small staring contest. I keep my composure until he gives up.

"Fine. You kinda scare me. Erica, go."

I smile as Stiles and Erica go up to the wall. Erica stares at it like she's not too sure of herself. Stiles climbs it with ease but Erica starts crying.

"Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

"I'm fine."

"She doesn't sound fine." Allison smacks my arm. "Ow!"

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic."

"Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff?"

"You're literally the teacher. Why wouldn't you know?"

He glares at me before coaching Erica into climbing down. Everyone goes to the locker rooms to change. I grab Allison's arm as everyone else leaves.

"Are we not going to discuss that creature you saw the other night?"

"Are we going to ignore how much time you've been spending with Stiles?" She asks. "Don't think I didn't notice."

Truth is Stiles and I haven't really talked about us. And I can say us because we kissed at the formal but considering everything that's going on I don't want to put a label on it. I have been spending a lot of my free time with him that's usually spent with Lainey. 

"He's been helping me with my dilemma."

"Which one?"

"I wasn't aware I had more than one."

We leave the locker room.

"You and Lainey haven't talked in days. Are you not going to at least try and understand where she's coming from?"

Lainey hasn't even been home for me to force her into talking to me. Stiles has been covering for her at home since neither of us know where she is. 

"Excuse me?" I say. "It's not my fault I'm this powerful witch. But I would never let anything happen to her. I have enemies, I get that, but Derek is a Hale. He will have a lot of eyes on him now that there's a new Alpha."

"What does that mean?"

"When there's a new Alpha, others tend to take notice. Her accepting that bite just put a bigger target on her back than I ever will. Witches don't even know my identity but Alpha's sure as shit know who Derek Hale is."

"Weren't you helping him?"

A dumb idea on my part.

"That dream I had where I ended up in front of the Hale house, my grandmother told me not to trust the Hale's but to trust the Argents."

"Why?"

"I don't know but I think I need to talk to your dad."

We head outside to one of the tables. I pull out papers Stiles had printed from his laptop. I show her the picture of Morgana he found from the dark web. He went full on detective mode. 

"It was like a vision but it was happening in real time. I was just there mentally." I'm still surprised it even worked. "But she sensed it. Her name is Morgana le Fay. The half sister of King Arthur."

"King Arthur?"

"She's technically from the medieval times. But that's not the point. She can time travel through different time periods but I think she's stuck here. And then there's Amora. She's a sorceress from Asgard."

I give her a different paper.

"This is the only photo we found of her. She was banished from Asgard."

"And I'm guessing you have a theory?"

"Asgardians stay in Asgard. Minus Loki and Thor. They are Princes of the crown there. But anyways.. she was known to use her beauty to entrance men and pretty much use her magic for not so good things. What if she thinks my magic will help her back into Asgard?"

"And your other theory."

"So.. Morgana can time travel through different time periods, right? These encounters with her date back to 1995 which means she's been here for sixteen years. Why?"

I let Allison read some of the encounters. I wait for some sort of answer.

"What if she's been here specifically for you? I mean, c'mon, sixteen years? That's not a coincidence."

"Exactly." I say. "Can we go to your house?"

"You think my dad knows the answers?"

"My grandmother told me to trust the Argents. I'm going to trust the Argents."

"Okay."

I drive us to her house. She walks in frost obviously because it's her house.

"Dad!"

He rounds the corner with Gerard, his father and Allison's grandfather.

"Aurora, this is Gerard."

"I'm aware."

"Feisty little one."

I look from Gerard to Argent.

"Do you mind if we speak alone?"

He looks at Gerard, nodding. I don't say anything more as Argent takes me to his office. He closes the door. I hold my hand up, putting a spell around the room. He looks at me confused.

"For prying ears."

"So.. what did you want to talk about?"

"You knew Talia killed my grandmother, didn't you?"

He sits at his desk. I sit on the chair opposite to it.

"Natalya Maximoff had a longstanding partnership with the Hale's until one day she knocked on my door."

"Why?"

"You." He says. "She feared that the Hale's, more specifically Talia would turn on her because of what her lineage would become."

I look down at my fidgeting hands.

"I've been in this business a long time, Aurora, never once have I had an alliance with a witch. But her intentions were nothing but pure. So, we made them our main priority."

"There were children in that fire.."

"Kate did that. We go by a code. She dismissed it."

"I don't care what happens to Derek but he turned my best friend into that. She is off limits. Lainey is off limits, you hear me?" I say. "There has to be trust between us. Allison has become one of my best friends and I would let nothing happen to her."

He nods.

"You have her drive.. I remember the first day I met her and she revealed to me what she was. I was shocked to say the least. But she was doing it for family." He sighs. "And I admired her for it."

I hold my hand out.

"You have my loyalty and word, Argent. I trust you, but I don't trust Gerard." I say. "If he even thinks about coming after anyone I care about there will be consequences. I will not hesitate to kill him."

He hides his smile.

"Good to know."

I get up, taking down the spell before walking out.