You remembered?

Aarnav gently pulled away from her, sensing a soft sob in her voice and seeing her eyes teary. 

He said, "Don't start! You'll make me cry, Tigey! I only want to see your eyes smile, not tears falling from them," teasingly wiping away her tears.

"Okay, okay! Now, first, check if you like the gift or not! Don't kick me out if you don't like it!" he said mockingly. 

Zara's hands were still on his shoulder, but she quickly removed them and ran towards the gift, giggling. 

Finally, Aarnav's heartbeat resumed its normal rhythm, which had seemed to pause with her touch.

She gingerly undid the bow, her fingers trembling with excitement and curiosity. With each movement, her anticipation grew. 

The box itself felt like a treasure chest, holding something precious inside. 

Meanwhile, Aarnav stood by, his hands braced on the table behind him, his eyes fixed on her with an eager yet anxious expression, waiting for her reaction.

As she lifted the lid, her breath caught in her throat. There, nestled within the box, lay a football jersey. 

It was no ordinary jersey—it was Aarnav's own club jersey from 'Blaze FC,' the team he played for with such passion and dedication. 

The logo emblazoned on the front gleamed under the light, and she couldn't help but marvel at its significance.

With trembling hands, she reached in and pulled out the jersey, feeling the fabric beneath her fingertips. 

But it was what she discovered next that truly left her speechless. 

Turning the jersey over, she found something unexpected—a signature. Not just any signature, but the autograph of her football idol, the legendary "G.O.A.T" of the football world.

Her mind reeled with disbelief.

 Could it be real? Was she truly holding a piece of history in her hands? 

The jersey bore the mark of someone she had idolized since childhood, someone whose every move on the field she had studied with awe. 

And now, here it was, a tangible reminder of her passion for the beautiful game.

As the realization sank in, she looked up at Aarnav, her eyes wide with wonder and gratitude. It was a gift beyond her wildest dreams, a gesture that spoke volumes about the depth of their connection.

 In that moment, she knew that this was more than just a birthday present—it was a symbol of their friendship, their shared memories.

"Actually, I bumped into him once and it reminded me of how much you admired him. So, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask for his signature on my jersey. Hope you're okay with it." Aarnav's words carried a playful edge.

Zara was still reeling in shock, reflecting on the seven-year void of communication.

 During this time, Aarnav had nearly faded from her memory, his image becoming hazy and indistinct. 

When she finally laid eyes on him after so many years, she struggled to even recognize him. 

Yet, amidst Zara's forgetfulness, Aarnav remained steadfast in his memories, holding onto every detail of Zara's favorites and cherished moments.

 He harbored an unwavering certainty that their paths would converge once more. 

This overwhelming truth brought tears streaming down Zara's cheeks as Aarnav approached, gently brushing them away.

She set the jersey aside and pulled him into a tight embrace once more, her words a soft murmur against his ear, "You remembered me all this time, so why didn't you reach out sooner?"

Aarnav's response was tender yet resolute, "I was busy making your dreams come true."

"My dream!?" she exclaimed, pulling back from the hug, yet her hands remained gently wrapped around his neck, and her eyes fixed on his.

"Didn't you want to marry a footballer?"he teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

A blush painted her ears crimson, her heart danced in her chest, and her eyes reflected a blend of love and admiration, as if the pieces of a puzzle were falling into a perfect picture.

She held his gaze without a blink, then leaned in slowly, planting a gentle kiss on his cheek near his ear. 

His heart lurched, a surge of excitement coursing through him, causing goosebumps to rise on his skin and his ears to turn scarlet. 

He stood there, frozen in the moment, as if time had momentarily ceased to exist. 

With a sudden rush of shyness, Zara scooped up the jersey and hurried off to her room, leaving Aarnav standing there, still trying to grasp the reality of what had just transpired.

As he stood there, still processing the whirlwind of emotions, his hands remained cold, almost frozen, contrasting with Zara's flushed cheeks, burning with a deep blush. 

She closed her room's door behind her and leaped onto her bed, her face buried in the soft sheets. 

Kicking her legs in the air, she giggled uncontrollably, clutching the jersey tightly to her chest.

 With tender affection, she kissed Aarnav's name on the fabric. 

It felt like fate or perhaps a mere coincidence that Aarnav's jersey bore Zara's birthday date (04), adding an extra layer of significance to the moment.

"This is a work of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

The next parts will be updated on a consistent basis hope you will enjoy the story lets dive into the story.

please feel free to leave comments and help us improvise ourselves.