𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈

As I stepped into my house, I was greeted by the sight of my mother sitting on the couch, her expression etched with nervousness.

As I stepped into my house, I was greeted by the sight of my mother sitting on the couch, her expression etched with nervousness. But when she saw me, she put on a brave smile, masking the worry that lingered in her eyes. It was as if she wanted to shield me from whatever troubled her, yet her trembling hands betrayed her facade. I wondered what had transpired in my absence, what secrets lay hidden behind that fragile smile.

Her voice, though slightly strained, carried a warmth that only a mother's could.
"How's your first day in school, dear?" she inquired, her eyes searching mine for any sign of distress. I hesitated, torn between the truth and the desire to ease her worries. The weight of the day settled on my shoulders-the whispered rumors, the longing for acceptance. But I chose to mirror her smile, to shield her from the storm brewing within me. "It was fine," I replied, my words a fragile bridge between reality and the facade we both wore. "i want to discuss with you something important.. first go and freshen up......"

Her words hung in the air, laden with a sense of gravity. I nodded, my heart racing as I retreated to my room. The mirror reflected my anxious expression-a canvas of hopes and fears. What could be so crucial that she couldn't wait? As water splashed on my face, I wondered if our lives were about to change, if the threads of our shared existence were unraveling. I dried my hands, took a deep breath, and stepped back into the living room. There she sat, her eyes fixed on me, waiting for the conversation that would alter our course.

Her gaze held mine, a mixture of tenderness and apprehension. "Sit down, my dear," she said, patting the space next to her on the couch. I complied, my heart fluttering like a trapped bird. The room seemed smaller now, the air thick with anticipation.

She took a deep breath, her fingers twisting in her lap. "There's something I've kept hidden from you,......for 2 yrs" she began, her voice barely above a whisper.
I leaned forward, my curiosity piqued. "What is it, Mom?" "I'm dating," she said, her gaze searching mine for a reaction.

My heart clenched. The words hung in the air, heavy with unspoken implications. How could she forget Dad so easily? The memories of his laughter, his warmth, flooded my mind. I was only 2 but still I can't replace anyone else..my dad hold a special place in my heart..

But I forced a smile, masking the hurt. "That's wonderful, Mom," I replied, my voice steady. "Everyone deserves happiness." And in that moment, I realized that love was complicated, messy, and sometimes painful. But it was also resilient, capable of healing even the deepest wounds.

As she talked about this new chapter in her life, I listened. I listened because she was my mother, flawed and human, just like me. And maybe, just maybe, she deserved a chance at love again.

In the quiet of our conversation, I made peace with the past and embraced the uncertainty of the future. Life was a series of unexpected twists, and sometimes, we had to let go to find our own happiness.

So I sat there, holding her hand, and together, we navigated the uncharted waters of love and forgiveness.

"Dear," I hesitated, my heart caught between loyalty and curiosity. "Would you like to meet him?" Her eyes sparkled with anticipation, and I could see the hope etched in the lines of her face. "I'm planning to go with you to his house for dinner today."

The room seemed to hold its breath. The past and the present collided, and I felt the weight of my emotions. How could I face this stranger who had captured my mother's heart? Would he understand the depth of her loss, the echoes of my father's laughter that still lingered in the corners of our home?