Overwhelmed [Hurt/Comfort] S9

Start from the beginning

Sam smirks, happy with his work. "Yeah, you'd better think twice before insulting me again!" he exclaims with laughter before sitting back down and continuing his rant to Taurtis.

The girl had fallen onto the ground and now clutches her nose, some blood running down onto her mouth. She just sits there in shock for a few moments. Nobody in the classroom does or says anything. They're too scared. The girl does not respond, instead only shimmying backwards and standing up once a good distance away to run to her friend, who is ready with a tissue. She does not retaliate. She's too scared. Grian's eyes widen for a moment as he watches the girl go to her friend. But Grian puts his head back down into his arms and does not say anything. He's too scared.

Coming back to reality with a jolt, Grian starts sobbing more as more memories start to fly through his brain, overwhelming him. Memories of the horrible things Sam has said and did, even before he took Taurtis away.

Grian starts finding it hard to breathe through his sobs and starts to gasp for air, fingers latching onto his hair and pulling.

Eventually, he loses energy and becomes too exhausted to keep his eyes open, falling into the peaceful trance of sleep.

When Grian wakes up, it's not to the cold, hard, stone floors of Grumbot's cave, but to the comfy blankets in a spare bedroom in his base. Grian picks his head up and looks around the room, the comforter shifting off of him slightly.

"How was your sleep?" a British accent cuts through the silence. Grian whips his head towards the source and immediately calms down when he sees his best friend–Mumbo.

"Mumbo?" he says questioningly before continuing. "It was- fine, I guess. How did I get here?" his eyes feel heavy and sore as he rubs them, sitting up in the bed. He also takes notice of the lump-like feeling in his throat, which is an aftereffect of crying.

"I found you down in Grumbot's cave," Mumbo asks, making his way over to Grian with a freshly brewed and steaming cup of tea. He places the teacup down carefully on the side table while Grian mutters a small 'thank you' before sitting down on the edge of the bed. "What were you doing down there, buddy?"

"I was-" Grian cuts himself off. Mumbo knows. He thinks. Maybe not the reasoning, but that's okay. "I don't even know, to be completely honest. I was just talking to Scar, but suddenly, I just couldn't take the sound of his voice anymore," grian looks into his lap in shame. "I'm not sure why, but everything got overwhelming all of a sudden, and I just couldn't take it, so I left rather rudely, gosh, I feel bad."

"I see," Mumbo says, closing his eyes and reopening them slowly. "I think Scar may have been a little upset, but he knows that you'd never hate him, so I'm sure he hasn't taken it to heart," he stands up and closes the curtains, turning on a warm-toned lamp next to the bed. "As for you, I think you need to recharge your social battery. I can see you getting antsy even with just me here,"

Mumbo returns to Grian's side, placing his hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it, Grian," he starts. "I will go tell Scar that you just weren't having a good day if it makes you feel better?"

Grian nods his head. "Yes, please, thank you."

"And as for you," Mumbo continues. "It's completely normal to just get tired of socially interacting with others. You're not a bad person. You can stay here for the rest of the day. I find that when my social battery runs out, the best thing to do is to take a day for myself and spend some time alone," he walks to the door, standing in the frame. "And next time, just tell the person you're with that you need some time alone, okay? I know you sometimes have trouble communicating your needs, for whatever reason, but I promise they'd understand."

Mumbo pauses before closing the door. "Oh, and if you need anything, like food or a drink, my communicator is on," he smiles at Grian, who smiles back.

"Thank you, Mumbo, I appreciate it."

"Anytime."

1,261 words

YALL who here has listened to Ren's episodes on the Imp and Skizz podcast???

if you haven't, GO DO IT NOW (/nf)

anyways, i can't decide whether to do another season 10 oneshot or something watcher-related. maybe both??????? i don't know yet. 

if i were to do that, would you prefer to read an angsty ass oneshot or smth like pesky birb protec the dadmin??? or maybe even a fight scene????

thanks for reading everyone, take care <3