Christmas Memories [Comfort] (Taurian) S7 - Part 2

this was requested

i wasn't really planning on making a part two but i do kinda like how this turned out!

btw this has nothing to do with christmas but like whatever LMAO

HEADCANONS USED:
- Xisuma using he/they
- Iskall using they/them
- your communicator is strapped to your non dominant arm
- Grian and Taurtis were separated when Evo fell and haven't seen each other in many years
- Grian has a huge field (literally multiple chunks which are 16 x 16) underground where he makes a giant Taurtis shrine, hoping that one day Taurtis will come back to him. 

TWs:
- crying (lots of it)
- shipping (Taurtis x Grian)

lmk if you think anything else should be added!

happy reading!

Grian's hands shake as he plants the flower. He pats the dirt around it gently before standing up and wiping a few tears away. With a small whisper of 'I love you', Grian turns back around and leaves his secret shrine, making sure to cover it back up.

He flies into his mansion and enters a bathroom to wash his face before returning to the main entrance hallway. Deciding to attempt to clean up his shulker monster a little bit, Grian works until he can't feel his arms, or his sadness, anymore.

Just as he finishes piling shulker boxes containing wooden products in one corner, Grian feels a buzz on his arm. He lifts it to look at his communicator and opens the main server chat.

Taurtis joined the game

The chat fills with the messages of many confused Hermits. Who is this person? Are they whitelisted? How did they get here? Why are they here? Are they dangerous? However, not Grian. Because when he sees this message, suddenly the world stops. He hears no sounds. He sees nothing but his communicator. He feels nothing but a sad confusion.

After standing there in shock for a good moment, Grian snaps out of it and looks back at his communicator to see a message sent from Xisuma saying that the "intruder" is at spawn and doesn't look to be armed.

Immediately, Grian sprints outside of his mansion and opens his parrot-colored wings. With great force, he lifts himself off the ground and flies towards spawn with incredible speed. He barely even registers all of the bases and buildings below him or the other Hermits surrounding Taurtis as he lands behind them. He starts silently crying when he sees the one he's loved for so long standing before him, unharmed and alive.

"Who are you?" Xisuma questions with a mistrustful tone. They are wary of this new appearance and they don't want any Hermit to get hurt.

Said new appearance is standing in a messy ring of poppy petals and is very confused. "I-" he stutters. "I'm not entirely sure. Just a minute ago I was floating in the void, then what looked to be a bunch of images flashed in my face followed by a bright red, and then I was here with you guys surrounding me. I have no idea what happened!" Taurtis responds, surveying the crowd of people that has arrived.

"You were in the void?" Xisuma asks, raising an eyebrow. Normal people don't survive floating in the void.

"Y-yeah," Taurtis says, scratching the back of his head. "I have no clue how I'm here or where I am."

Xisuma sighs before looking at Keralis, who stands to his left. "What do you think?" they whisper.

"I'm not sure," Keralis replies in a low voice, eyeing Taurtis.

The other Hermits that have gathered, nearly all of them, murmur amongst themselves, unsure of the man with the blue shirt and headphones in front of them.

Standing alone in the back of the crowd, Grian is hurt more when he hears Taurtis's voice. Oh how long he's been dreaming of seeing him again. How long he's been praying that he could hear that voice just one more time. Grian cannot believe his eyes.

Grian brings his hand up to cover his mouth and his eyes close slightly. "Taurtis..." he says extremely softly, almost like a whimper. Nobody hears him except for Iskall, who is standing in front of Grian with Mumbo. They turn around and see Grian crying and immediately notify Mumbo, who also is surprised to see him like that.

"Gri, are you okay?" Mumbo asks, which perks the other nearby Hermits' interest, causing them to also turn and look at Grian.

However, Grian can't focus on his fellow Hermits. The only person he sees is the one in blue standing in the middle of a poppy petal ring.

"Taurtis..." Grian sobs, this time loud enough that Taurtis can hear him. In turn, he looks at Grian and his eyes widen with shock.

"Grian?" he says after a moment, causing Grian to perk his head up. They gasp quietly as they lock eyes. For a moment, it seems as if they're the only two people in existence. Grian barely even recognizes it as he pushes through the group of confused Hermits and towards Taurtis. He doesn't even register Xisuma's cries of warning as he launches himself towards Taurtis and envelops him in a tight embrace. He wraps his wings around the other as the two squeeze each other on the ground.

"Please," Grian starts through his tears. "Please don't leave me again!" he cries out, words broken up by sobs.

"I won't, I won't, never again." Taurtis reassures Grian as he holds him tighter and cries.

Time stops as the two sit together on the ground simply holding each other and crying until their tears stop falling and the world resumes around them.

A clearing of a throat from above catches their attention. Grian meets the expecting eyes of Xisuma, who awaits an explanation.

Grian and Taurtis stand up together, Grian still having one wing wrapped around his lover and begins to explain.

"Xisuma," he starts. "This is Taurtis. He's, uh, he is my husband," Grian smiles weakly at Xisuma, who, along with the other Hermits, is shocked at this new information. "We were forcefully separated many years ago, and I truly thought I would never see him again, which is why I emotionally reacted like that." Grian gives Xisuma an apologetic smile.

Xisuma thinks it over for a moment, glancing back at Keralis a few times, before looking back towards Grian.

"You're 100% sure he's absolutely not a threat?" they ask, still suspicious of Taurtis. Grian nods his head. "Then it's fine with me if he stays," Xisuma says, turning towards the other Hermits. "Any objections?"

Xisuma waits a moment to allow someone to speak up, and when no one does, they turn back to the couple in front of them.

"Alright, Taurtis, you can stay on Hermitcraft. Though I will need to ask you some questions, if that's okay?"

"Yeah, that's totally fine," Taurtis replies, giving one of his usual charming smiles.

"Okay, if you would follow me, that'd be great!" Xisuma says as they open their admin panel and start walking away. Grian and Taurtis follow suit as they lace their fingers together.

As they walk off together and the group of Hermits disperses, Taurtis leans down and whispers into his husband's ear.

"I'm here now. And I'm never leaving again."

1,094 words

THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE TAURIAN CONTENT OUT THERE AND I AM HERE TO PROVIDE

hope you guys enjoyed!

also my friend made grian fanart and gave it to me as a christmas present help ;-; (IT'S REALLY GOOD THOUGH)

AND ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THESE SUPER NICE COMMENTS IM GETTING LIKE STOP YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO MAKE ME CRY (in the best way possible seriously thank you guys so much <333)