Crush [Drabble] (Taurian) YHS

THIS IS MY LITTLE HALLOWEEN PRESENT FOR YOU ALL (two posts within a few days? wow!)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

so if it hasn't been made clear enough how much i obsess over taurian, let this oneshot and the future oneshots to come make it clear

i truly love the ideas that went into this oneshot and i hope you love it just as much as i do

i imagine them being like sophomores in this (10th grade) so like 15 years old at max, but you may interpret this oneshot however you wish

ENJOY

TWs:
- SHIPPING (Taurtis x Grian) (shush I love them)

Taurtis walks through the hallways of the school slowly, hoping that the cute blonde will pass by.

For the past two months, Taurtis has been seeing another student walk through the halls, not even knowing his name, but getting butterflies in his stomach anytime he glanced anywhere in Taurtis' general direction. What's up with that?

"You know, you'll never find her just by walking," a voice behind Taurtis pipes up. He recognizes it as his friend, Sam. "Maybe if you'd just tell me who she is..."

"Absolutely not," Taurtis will under no circumstances tell Sam who his crush is, much less that it's a guy and not a girl.

"Ugh, you're no fun," Sam says exasperated at his friend's response. "You know what? Fine. I guess I'll just walk home by myself."

"I mean," Taurtis starts. "You kind of have to anyway. My biology teacher asked to meet me after school. Something about making up work?"

"Oh, well have fun with that, I guess," Sam says. "Bye!" The rabbit hybrid turns around and swiftly runs down the hallway, leaving Taurtis with his thoughts.

Taurtis starts down the hallway, allowing music to flow through his headphones. In actuality, he doesn't need to meet with his bio teacher. So why is he going to the library? Well, he does have some homework that might be nice to complete, but a day or two prior, Taurtis saw his cru- classmate entering the library and plopping down at one of the tables to start an assignment after school. Hoping to see him again, Taurtis had decided that he would copy this routine. A small fib to Sam is a fair price to pay.

Picking a corner table, Taurtis walks over and places his backpack down, grabbing out his laptop, opening up to his essay.

Taurtis waits for twenty minutes, switching between writing a sentence or two for his essay and scanning the room for the blonde. Finally, Taurtis's wait is over when the one he's been waiting for enters the library and fills out the sign in sheet. Taurtis can see the blonde having a conversation with the librarian and reads their lips to be roughly about how crowded it is today.

Taurtis scans the library again before realizing how truly crowded it is. Each circular table is meant to seat a maximum of six people, and most of them already have four people sitting at them. Except for his table. Nobody wants the table in the back, apparently.

Or at least that's what Taurtis thinks, until he hears a voice from in front of him. He looks up from the screen of his laptop.

"Hey, sorry to bother you. Is this seat taken?" the person, who has a British accent, says. Taurtis looks up only to be temporarily paralyzed by the sight before him. The blonde, Taurtis's crush, has asked to sit next to him.

Taurtis must've been unresponsive for a bit because the blonde now has a questioning and slightly concerned look on his cute face. "A-are you okay?"

Snapping out of his daze, Taurtis stammers. "U-uh, yeah! Have a seat!"

The blonde yet again shows a puzzled face. "Huh?"

"Huh?"

"I asked if the seat was taken and you said yes, but you also said 'have a seat'."

"I- uh-"

Taurtis had never choked up on his words like this before. He's supposed to be the cool, laid back guy that everyone likes to be around. He's supposed to carry himself with a confidence that rubs off on other people.

"I'm very confused."

"S-sorry, no one is s-sitting there. G-go ahead."

The blonde smiles at him. "Thanks!" He then drops his book bag and begins to pull out his laptop and a handful of notebooks and binders, sitting down with one seat left between him and Taurtis.

Attempting to continue writing his essay and act as if he hadn't been faking it, Taurtis starts typing random things, then deleting them. But he can't keep his eyes off of the gorgeous person who has accompanied him at the table.

This cycle repeats for a good twenty minutes before the blonde lets out a frustrated sigh, causing Taurtis to raise an eyebrow.

"Hey, sorry to disturb you, but do you have Mrs. Chesner for history?" The blonde looks at Taurtis expectantly.

"Uhh, yeah, I do. Why?"

The blonde breathes a sigh of relief before turning his laptop around to face Taurtis. The screen portrays a few questions that were assigned for homework that students were supposed to write paragraphs for. "I'm struggling to generate an answer for question number three. Would you mind helping me?"

Before he can begin to melt inside, Taurtis agrees and turns to grab his history binder from his backpack. He flips the pages until he reaches notes he took a week prior. "Here," Taurtis points to a spot on the page. "There's some information here that could be useful. I wrote some supporting facts and specific details underneath, if you want to include those."

"Thank you so much, uhm, what's your name?"

Taurtis nearly stops breathing. "T-taurtis. You?"

The blonde smiles brightly. "Hi Taurtis, I'm Grian. Thanks for your help!"

"Y-yeah, no problem!" Taurtis says, returning to his own laptop. Immediately, he opens up his notes app and writes the name down. Grian. Now that Taurtis has his name, he may be able to talk to him in the halls easier. He may actually have a chance with this guy!

Ten minutes later, Taurtis closes his laptop after deciding he is done for the day. Simultaneously, Grian closes his binder and slides it back over to him before cleaning up his own area.

"Hey, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it." Grian says, looking into Taurtis's eyes.

"Yeah, no problem," Taurtis says as the two pick up their bags. Building up confidence again, Taurtis decides to try and make conversation. "So, uh, what other teachers do you have?"

The two talk until they reach the main doors of the school and walk outside. Momentarily stopping their conversation, Grian looks to Taurtis.

"I walk home from school and I go that way, usually," He says, pointing down the sidewalk to the left. "What about you?"

"What a coincidence, I do too," Taurtis says. "Do you wanna walk home together?"

Grian smiles brightly at Taurtis again. "Yeah, sure, that sounds nice."

And so the two start down the sidewalk, continuing their conversation from before. They eventually have to split up a few blocks into their walk, but even though they're physically separated, Taurtis knows that Grian will stay in his mind all throughout the night. 

1,016 words

AHHHHH I LOVE THEM WITH MY ENTIRE BEING

AND ALSO LIKE THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING VOTING AND READING LIKE I REALLY APPRECIATE IT <3

next oneshot will probably be angst, idk i feel obligated to write some T^T

thanks for reading, have a great day/evening/night!!