Sun and Moon [idk] S9 (Skyblings)

i love the headcanon that pearl and grian are like sun and moon related beings so this oneshot dives into that

most of this is just grian having a really long monologue lmao

TWs:
- none!

ENJOYYYYYY

The stars shine bright, as does the moon. The night breeze blows cold through his hair as the winged creature flies towards his target landing zone. He gracefully lands and puts his wings in a resting position, to which he then starts walking towards the figure in front of him.

Stopping once he's a respectful distance away from her. He bows his head quickly before looking up again and going to stand behind her with their backs facing each other.

They sit in silence for a few moments, enjoying the serenity of the night air, the sound of crickets chirping, and the occasional breeze blowing through their hair.

"You ready?" Pearl asks, raising her head and opening her eyes.

"Yup," Grian replies. "Same as always," he raises his wings to a presentational stance. Pearl does the same with her moth wings.

They close and open their eyes unanimously, and their eyes are replaced with completely white slates.

Pearl extends her left arm with her palm facing outwards. She stabilizes her mind and concentrates her energy in her hand, which starts to glow lightly.

Simultaneously, Grian reaches out with his left arm, but has his palm facing up. He also focuses his energy and summons it into his palm. It starts to glow with a faint gold hue in response.

In perfect sync, Pearl moves her hand down slowly as Grian moves his upwards. As they do this, the black of night fades to navy, then to a royal blue as the pinks and oranges begin to appear along the horizon.

As Grian and Pearl's hand reach their final heights, their minds are momentarily connected, and a wave of magic transfers over from Pearl to Grian. Replacing the white, Pearl's eyes glow blue and Grian's yellow.

In a few seconds, their eyes return to normal and they drop their arms and wings. Grian blinks a few times, readjusting to the weight of power recently passed to him before he stands straight and turns to Pearl.

"Everything normal?" She asks, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"I think so," Grian replies as he turns his arms over to make sure no accidental injuries occurred. "You alright?"

"Yeah," she says with a yawn. "Just a little tired, as usual."

"Okay, good, I'll take you back to your base?" Grian offers.

"Sure, that sounds go-" Pearl's sentence is cut off as she collapses into her brother's waiting arms, having fallen sound asleep.

Grian smiles and makes sure he won't drop her before taking off to Pearl's base. He flies in and finds her bedroom, laying her down on her bed with utmost care.

After making sure she'll be okay to leave alone, Grian leaves Pearl's in her base sleeping and returns to his spot under the bridge that connects his and Mumbo's bases.

This is exactly what I wanted to do today Grian thinks to himself while he begrudgingly begins to attempt to organize his chests. He doesn't get very far, however, before a clearing of a throat takes him by surprise.