A Resistance? Or A Family? [Fluff] S7

so i'm back

sorry for being inactive school just got really heavy with like five exams, sporting events, and a concert, i barely had any time to write

i honestly love the mycelium resistance so much (if you couldn't tell by my pfp) and i love the idea that they all had some super fuffly moments together-

the next thing i post might be a list of headcannons i have (mostly for grian but for some other hermits too)

this one's gonna be a short one so it wont take you like 17 minutes to read one oneshot (i am so sorry about the previous ones-)

ENJOY <3

The Mycelium Resistance is popping, now with a whole bunch of members, and a goal in mind. Mother Spore, or Grian, sits at an off-to-the-side table in the HQ, and is making plans for a future build–something mushroom themed. His big mushroom hat, decorated with pretty dangling gems and LED lights, is something he prizes very much, and he is thinking of getting smaller ones for the resistance members.

Mother Spore, though this wasn't intended, has become something of a motherly figure to his sporelings, as he liked to call the resistance members. Some of them have even resorted to calling him any variation of "mom" for the time being.

He kept working on the project for a bit, using purple dye to represent mycelium and red to represent mushrooms.

"Hey, Mother Spore?" Impulse's voice rang out from nearby.

"What's up?" Grian replies, shifting his gaze away from his project and to those before him before saying "Oh."

Impulse and Etho stood before him, Etho carrying an asleep Ren on his back.

"Hello, Mother," Etho says, slightly out of breath from harboring the sleeping dog on his back from who knows where.

Mother Spore sighs before saying "Is it cuddle pile time?"

As Mother Spore gathers some pillows and blankets, Impulse and Etho pick a comfortable corner and set Ren down. No words are spoken as Mother Spore approaches his sporelings with the pillows and blankets. He lifts up Ren slightly before laying him back against a soft pillow. Impulse, who had sat down next to the sleeping dog hybrid, takes one end of the blanket and gave the other end to Etho. Mother Spore, after opening his colorful wings, takes a seat on the other side of Ren, then looks at the cosplayer, motioning him forward. Etho takes a seat against the wall next to Mother Spore, shifting until he finds the most comfortable position, leaning against the resistance leader.

Once he feels that everyone is situated and comfortable, shown by their closed eyes, Mother Spore spreads his great wings and wraps them around Impulse and Etho, being that they're on the ends.

While the other two drift off into sleep, Mother Spore remains awake, just in case something happens.

After twenty minutes of relaxing together in silence, Mother Spore hears something, his guard immediately going up, bringing his wings' grasp around the three asleep sporelings tighter.

New people drop into the resistance headquarters, and Mother Spore relaxes as he identifies the people as other resistance members–Jevin, XB, and Stress.

Noticing the three asleep ones and the finger that Mother Spore put to his mouth to signal them to be quiet, the three are now making an effort to stay quiet. Stress walks forward and crouches next to Mother Spore and whispers lightly in his ear.

"Sorry if we caught you off guard, Mum" Stress speaks lightly. "It's just started to rain outside and the three of us barely made it inside before we got too wet."

"Is Jevin okay?" Mother Spore asked softly, looking towards the slime hybrid. Being that Jevin is a slime hybrid, he melts and takes damage in water–whether it's rain or a lake.

"Yeah, we saw the rain clouds and immediately dashed inside," Stress said, glazing at the three sleeping Sporelings. "Would you mind if the three of us join in on your cuddle pile?

Mother Spore makes sure that Etho is securely leaning against him, and that Impulse and Ren won't fall over, before opening his wings yet again, motioning the other three forward. With a smile and a small 'thank you', Stress takes a seat next to Etho, to which Jevin follows her and rests against her. Meanwhile, XB goes over to where Impulse is seated and leans his head on the imp's shoulder, closing his eyes once he finds a good position.

Checking to make sure that everyone is comfortable, Mother Spore closes his wings around his sporelings, engulfing them in a warm and calming embrace. The new three are asleep nearly instantly.

Deciding that he could also use a break, Mother Spore relaxed and allowed himself to fall asleep as well.

All of the resistance members slept well that night under the protection of their mother.

705 words

wow this one ended up being short lmao

ALSO THE URGE TO MAKE GRIAN GENDERFLUID (all pronouns) WAS ACTUALLY DRIVING ME NUTS WHILE WRITING THIS. THIS MAN GIVES ME SO MUCH GENDER ENVY.

AND WHY DO I ONLY UPDATE THIS LIKE ONCE A WEEK 

and this one was pretty hard to write too for no reason ;-;

thanks so much for reading!