Christmas Memories [Fluff/Angst] (Taurian) S7

GREETINGS FELLOW GRIANGST ENJOYERS, IT APPEARS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED TO READ SOME HOLIDAY-THEMED GRIANGST TONIGHT

i didnt really know where to go when writing this so i turned it into taurian and half fluff and half angst. 

CHRISTMAS SPECIAL WOOOOOO

TWs:
- shipping (Taurtis x Grian)
- crying

Tears slip down his face as Grian gazes at the sight in front of him. It's nearing Christmas day and he decided to decorate his hobbit hole of a starter base, putting up a tree in a corner. Though now, all he does is look at it and cry.

Grian reaches into his pocket and pulls out a picture. It's of him and his husband on their first Christmas together, sitting in front of a brightly lit Christmas tree, happy as can be. His tears run faster as the memories flood his mind.

"I can do it, I promise!" Taurtis says, reaching up towards the top of the tree with a decorative star made from gold.

"Are you sure?" Grian asks, watching his husband lean over on the step stool. "I'm not too convinced."

"Don't worry about it!" he replies with a smile, turning towards Grian while still attempting to place the star on top of the tree.

Evidently, Taurtis falls into the tree, sending the whole thing tumbling downwards, including himself. As he pokes his head out of the branches, he is met with the contagious laughter of his husband, who seems to find his mistakes incredibly funny.

Grian stuffs the picture back in his pocket and leaves his starter base, quickly flying over to his mansion, still crying.

"Come on, Taurtis," Grian says, shaking his head at the antics of his lover–who is peeking out of the slightly cracked door. "It's like 2am Taurtis! I'm tired!"

"No," he replies with a playful tone. "I need to stay up so I can catch Santa! Ohhhh, Timmy and Martyn are going to be so jealous when I tell them I saw him-"

"Taurtis," Grian cuts his husband off. "Come on."

Taurtis does not move.

"Olay then," Grian starts. "Guess I'll just have to cuddle this pillow instead." he says with a smirk, not missing how Taurtis perks his head towards him.

After a few seconds of internal-decision-making, Taurties mumbles out an 'okay fine...' and abandons his post, closing the door to the bedroom and sliding under the bedsheets next to Grian.

"Okay, okay, I'm here. Couldn't let the pillow have you." Taurtis proclaims, wrapping his arms around Grian and pulling him closer. At this gesture, Grian lightly pushes his forehead into Taurtis's chest, who then rests his chin gently on Grian's head.

"Goodnight, my love," Taurtis says, softly kissing Grian's head.

"Goodnight."

The two slowly drift off to sleep, enjoying each other's presence and embrace.

As Grian approaches the mansion, he turns to the right and heads to a patch of grass that is open to the world. He pulls out a shovel and digs four blocks, uncovering a secret entrance. Stepping onto the staircase, Grian replaces the blocks before heading down as tears fall from his delicate eyes.

At the bottom of the staircase, there is a small room with some patches of grass and a picture on the wall. The picture is one of the same person in Grian's pocket-photo, and most of the grass patches are filled with poppies, the red flowers a nice contrast to the green of the grass.

Grian kneels before one of the more empty patches. He unleashes a wave of tears as more memories resurface.

"Okay, I saved this one for last because it's super special and I think you're really gonna like it!" Taurtis says, handing a messily-wrapped box to Grian. He takes it in his hands and observes it for a minute before tearing the red wrapping paper off and opening the folds of the box.

Grian feels his heart melting as he looks at the item inside.

"Do you like it?" Taurtis asks, looking at Grian.

Grian is silent for a second before breathing out softly. "Taurtis..." he says, looking up to his husband. "Oh my goodness...this, this is lovely Taurtis oh my gosh-"

Grian carefully takes the item out of the box. It is a spruce wood picture frame in which a big tree and flowers are etched into, along with the phrase 'Forever and Always' in a nice font. The picture frame holds a picture of their wedding day in it.

Their wedding was not as extravagant as one might imagine, as they had rushed it directly after joining Evo, but there were still beautiful photos taken of the two of them together.

Tearing up slightly, Grian looks at his husband. "I love you so much, Taurtis."

Grian rests the picture frame in his lap as he pulls his husband into a passionate kiss. They both pour all of their love and devotion into the kiss, Taurtis gently cupping his face as Grian wraps one arm around the other.

Digging a small spot up in the grass patch, Grian reaches into his inventory and grabs a poppy. Tears plopping on the ground, he plants the flower in the soil and scooches back a little bit.

More memories come and go in Grian's mind. All of the good and all of the bad. He brings his hand up to the collar of his famous red sweater and dips his hand inside slightly, grabbing the golden chain that he usually keeps hidden under his sweater. He brings it out and looks at the ring that is looped on the chain.

Grian cries harder as he looks at the beautiful piece of jewelry. He misses Taurtis more than anything in the world. And this ring is almost the last thing he has of his husband.

And so Grian sits there. Thinking. Remembering. Grieving.

This tactic worked last time, so why shouldn't it work again? Grian looks at the many poppies in front of him before looking up at the picture of his lover. God, does he feel lost without him. And so very alone. So he returns to the grass, digs a small hole, and pulls from his inventory yet another poppy.

982 words

i am so normal about them.

i had such a good idea for the ending but i didnt know how to connect it and im not sure if i like it or not ;-;

anyways hope you enjoyed this little holiday special, make sure to drink water, eat food, and get some sleep!

happy holidays! <3