The Eyes [Drabble] S8

welcome back to another oneshot :)

this honestly took way longer than i thought it would but it's fine ig

anyways enjoy!

TWs:

- none!

also yes i am aware that drabbles are supposed to be 100 words long but idk what else to call this ;-;

"Pearl? You in here?" A british accent calls out from the intricate entrance of the Aussie's base. "I don't get your door, why did you have to make it like this?"

The moth sighs. "It's really not that hard, Grian."

"What are you talking about? Look at how many trapdoors and doors there are! How do you even enter your base on a daily basis?" The avian says with a hint of playful annoyance.

"Gri, you just don't understand doors."

"Excuse me-"

"Anyways! What brings you here?"

The avian looks up at his sister with excitement before saying "So! I've got this really cool idea, but I'll need your help for it. You up for it?"

The moth thinks over the idea for a few seconds, but the verdict is eventually "You never fail to have a good idea. Let's do it!"

~ ~ ~

Mumbo, Impulse, and Scar walk slowly towards the Boatem Pole, talking amongst themselves, heading to a meeting. Impulse and Mumbo had been talking for a bit outside their starter bases before Scar came up from behind them, having come from the XP farm.

"You know," Impulse starts. "I haven't seen Grian or Pearl all day."

"I wonder what they're doing," Scar says.

"Well, you know them. It's probably something stupid." Mumbo says, earning a few chuckles from the other two with him.

"We're going to a meeting and they should be there, so we can find out at the meeting I guess." Impulse noted.

The three continue towards the Boatem Pole, making the occasional joke or complimenting each other's builds.Once they arrive, they drop into the meeting room and wait for the other two. It isn't until 15 minutes after the meeting was supposed to start that the avian and the moth drop into the meeting room, seemingly out of breath.

"Did we- did we miss anything?" Grian asked with a break for air.

"So sorry we're- we're late!" Pearl exclaimed, also panting lightly.

"Are you guys okay? You look like you just ran a marathon," Impulse says, looking between the faces of the hermits before him, both of which look as if they're trying to hide a smirk.

"Yeah! We were just uh...doing something!" Pearl says, pulling a water bottle from her inventory, downing it in seconds.

"We lost track of time and had to sprint here," Grian says, finally managing to steady his breath. "Let's start the meeting now?"

The other three members, though suspicious, decide to leave it alone for now. The thought eventually leaves their heads. Besides, they can't possibly have done anything that damaging.

~ ~ ~

Mumbo hums to himself as he walks back to his stater base, the prank that Grian and Pearl had pulled earlier still there. The ravenette chuckles to himself while looking into the shroomlight eyes of the tree monster that holds his caravan hostage. But, something looks different. Deciding to take a closer look, Mumbo grabs some spare dirt blocks from his inventory before building up. When he reaches his desired height, he turns to look into the tree monster's eyes, where he is surprised to see a pair of googly eyes resting on the shroomlights! How Mumbo saw those from down on the ground, he'll never understand, but the ravenette couldn't help but crack a smile at the small things before him.