Emeralds [Angst/Comfort] S8 - Part 2

i quite literally do not even know what to say right now.

first of all, i am so sorry for being super inactive, things got super busy with school and midterms and stuff (I STILL HAVE ONE MIDTERM LEFT KILL MEEEEEEE) but i managed to squeeze this out of myself in the limited time i've had

also like thank you guys so much for all the reads/votes/comments! like it genuinely baffles me. were at 6.2k reads and 168 votes at the time i'm writing this, and it's unbelievable. thank you to everyone that supports me and my writing!

i hope to write more after midterms are over <3

TWs:
- crying

enjoy!

From the stars, Death looks down upon her children as they sit on a cliff, watching the ocean's waves sway to and fro. She wipes a small tear from her eye. She promised herself that she wouldn't interfere, but how could she not?

Death looks away from her view. She must not give in. She must not cave. How she loves her children dearly, but interacting would risk everything, upsetting the balance of the universe to a great extent.

Taking a few steps back, Death looks at her hands, then back at the translucent image of her children. Crying as they cling to one another. She takes a deep breath. The watchers may not like it, but she is a god and is therefore above the watchers. The other gods, for whatever reason, like to follow a policy of appeasement when it comes to the watchers as to not start a war. But enough is enough. Right now, Death needs to be Kristen. She needs to think like a mother rather than a deity.

As Kristen closes her eyes and outstretches her hand, purple particles start to glow around her. Magic is summoned at the palm of her hand as energy pours in from around the room. She reaches up with the other hand and does the same.

With her mind focused on her left hand, Kristen locates a server. She zooms into a snowy forest biome–inside a cabin in a clearing. A family is gathered in a living room area, sitting around a fireplace as the three older ones laugh at something the youngest has said. Kristen projects the energy onto them, and then focuses on her right hand.

The magic held by her right hand swiftly finds a different server, this one with more protection. Kristen mentally compliments the admin for the expertly increased protective barriers before her mind forces its way through.

Just for a second, Kristen uses her mind to open a hole in the server's barrier that is large enough to fit the essence of four players through.

Returning her mind to her body, Kristen brings her two hands together and combines the purple swirls of energy. For a second, a blinding light fills the room, but Kristen does not fear it nor does she close her eyes. She embraces it.

After the light dies down, Kristen drops her hand and summons a second translucent image of the server. Satisfied with what she sees, Kristen lets out a laugh of relief and watches the image, joy filling her heart.

~ ~ ~

<ImpulseSV> TANGO COME BACK HERE :(
<TangoTek> NO >:D
<TangoTek> HREHEHEHHEHHEHEEEEE
<FalseSymmetry> Uhm???
<Rendog> WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
<Zedaph> YES
<Zedaph> GO TANGO
<ImpulseSV> he stole my hat that scar gave me :(((
<GoodtimeswithScar> WGAY
<GoodtimeswithScar> HOW DAEE YIU
<TangoTek> THIS IS PAYBACK FOR ALL OF YOUR "aDvErTiSiNg"
<XisumaVoid> hey, are you guys by chance at the world border? Or is anyone? There's some weird things popping up in the code.
<ImpulseSV> Tango the hat thief and I are not
<TangoTek> HEY
<VintageBeef> nope
<Docm77> I'll let you know if ren or I see something weird
Philza joined the game
Technoblade joined the game
WilburSoot joined the game
Tommyinnit joined the game
<Docm77> ...like that...
<Rendog> WHO ARE YOU!?!?!?!??!?!