A Blossoming Friendship Pt.2

A day has passed since Gudako has begun her grinding for materials. And it's been hell. Emiya was leaning against Y/N as they sat in the cafeteria eating a small meal.

Emiya:"She's worse than I thought."

Y/N:"You're telling me. I thought we would never get a break."

They held hands as continued to eat in hopes of the break lasting all day. Da Vinci sees them and walks over to them with her normal smile.

Da Vinci:"Hey you two. Having a good rest?"

Emiya gives her a nasty glare as Y/N sighs. His opinion of her has changed drastically since she told Gudako about materials.

Da Vinci:"What's with the looks?"

Emiya:"How about I show you when Master decides she needs more materials?"

Da Vinci just laughs it off as a joke, but Emiya meant every word. Y/N pats her hand to hopefully calm her some.

Y/N:"So what can we help you with this time, Da Vinci?"

Da Vinci:"I want to hear more about your story! I find it interesting to think about an evil King Arthur and his daughter instead of son falling for you!"

He yawns at first and shrugs his shoulders.

Y/N:"Fine. But, it will take a week after meeting her."

---------------------

It became of habit of hers to come down to the training field to abuse me for her own satisfaction.

Da Vinci:"She sounds like her father."

What do you expect? Her mother Morgan le Fay was always locked up in her tower to teach her magic and that's it. Arthur made sure he personally raised her.

Da Vinci:"Did you know that was his daughter?"

No. Only those in the castle knew of her origins.

???:"You done already rookie? Pathetic."

I laid against the ground beaten and bruised. I was stubborn to prove myself to hold my own but she always beat me down without so much as a scratch.

Y/N:"Just...*deep breath*... until I get my breath! I'll beat you!"

I didn't even know her name yet she was my blockade to train in peace. She laughs at me and shakes her head.

???:"Please, you can barely stand you won't do anything to me."

She began her slow walk to me for one last hit like always, but this time I was ready. When she raised her fist I kicked her knee to where she would fall and tackled her to the ground. She groans at first but was quickly silenced by my fist to her face. I got three hits in before she would knock me off her with a counter fist. I fell back holding my face from the pain. She stood up and glared at me with a bloody nose.

???:"You dumbass!!"

She kicked me in the side and used her superior strength to send me across the fence. I laid on the ground barely awake from her going all out. From what she told me later she quickly calmed down and saw what she did.

???:"Hey? Hey, rookie! Hey!!"

Me not responding said it caused her to do something she hates doing. Worry. She ran over to me and saw just how beaten I truly was.

???:"H-Hey, stay awake you hear me! I'm gonna heal you!"

She put her hands on my side and tired to use a healing spell her mother taught her. But nothing happened.

???:"Why isn't this working? I'm doing what she said!"

She kept trying to heal me, but her spell never happened.

???:"NO! This has to work!"

???:"What has to work?"

Her face turned pale as the monotone voice brought her more fear. She turns to see Tristan there with some other knights looking at her with his closed eyes.

Tristan:"I see, a young village boy. What a shame his life was shirt. I'm sure he would have made a fine soldier."

Tristan pulls out his sword as he walks towards us.

Tristan:"Remember, Your Highness, no connection to the village folk."

He went to go stab my heart, but she saved me. She laid over me to shield me from the hit.

Mordred:"No!"

He stops the sword and tilts his head to the side.

Tristan:"Your Highness?"

Mordred:"This is my knight-in-training! That's why he is in that shape he is!"

Tristan:"And what of your spell?"

Mordred:"It was suppose to shock him awake! I will not have you waste my work like this!"

The two had a stare off before he sheathed his sword.

Tristan:"Very well, Your Highness. I shall also inform your father of him. Please keep training him to be your perfect knight."

He did a bow and left. Once they were far away enough she did a double take of the area to make sure no one was nearby and continued to try and heal me. After half an hour she got it to work and fully healed me.

Y/N:"...Thanks."

???:"I can't you die yet. I still need you as my knight."

Y/N:"Is that really why you saved me?"

She was silent at first and I could tell she was thinking about what to say. She would then fidget in embarrassment as no excuse came to mind. Even the one of me being her knight. So she told me the truth.

???:"It-It was because your my...my...f-friend..."

Y/N:"Your friend?"

???:"Of course idiot!! You have been here everyday to train with me with that stupid smirk and didn't ask for anything from me not even my name!"

I just scratched my cheek on the second part.

???:"You are the only person who has ever shown me some sort of true kindness besides my mother. So of course that what make you my friend! Dummy!"

She was panting from speaking so much as she held a blush. I was just shocked. Sure I showed her kindness, but from how bad she beat me I didn't think she could think of me as a friend.

Y/N:"I...see..."

She glares at me and stands up.

???:"You better! You better rest too because tomorrow I'll be going full power got it!?"

Y/N:"Y-Yeah."

She quickly gather her things and got on her horse to ride away. I was just too stunned to care as her words still echoed in my head. Though we were both unaware of her mother watching us the entire time.

Morgan:"Will you be the one to save her?"
----------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N:"And that's the end of that start."

Da Vanci:"How did you know Morgan le Fay said that?"

Y/N:"Because of my second wife. But that's for later. Emiya and I have some cuddling to do."

The two got up and left Da Vinci who just got done writing.

Da Vinci:"Ahh, what a romance novel idea."