Chapter Twenty Six- Reunited

Chapter Twenty Six-

Moth

I hate airplanes.

Although I'm excited to see my friends, Fizzle, Andrew, and Frankie, the ride here was horrible. I felt like I was going to puke every time there was even the slightest bump, and Ezra was asleep the whole time.

I walk out of the bathroom and make my way to Ezra who was waiting with our bags. I take mine, picking it up as he pulls off his hoodie, shaking his short dreads out.

"You good, Kid?" He asks me while grabbing the handle on his bag and leading the way through the huge airport. "I told you I had sleeping pills you could take."

"My dad wouldn't have let me come with you if he knew you'd offer me drugs," I inform him, rolling my eyes.

He reaches over and ruffles my hair as we continue through the airport. "It's not like I was offering cocaine. Anyway, once you're with your brother, I have business to take care of here. I'll text you the address to the studio so you can come by and we can keep our recording schedule, but you're not my responsibility, got it?"

Ezra always talks about kids and teenagers like they're too much work. I'm sure he feels that way about me too, but he's told me that I'm too talented to turn down just because of my age. "Why don't you like kids?"

"Paperwork. The law says I can only have you working for a set amount of hours a week, which is bullshit. I have to deal with getting permission from your dad before you sing anything, so I can't give you anything too raunchy. The last thing I want is for someone to think I'm encouraging teenagers to portray anything sexually explicit. You also don't have the freedom to control your own life which means I can't count on you no matter how good you are." He explains, staying professional for a moment before lowering his voice and giving a more casual answer. "And I'm not taking care of a kid unless I get to nut in a hot chick."

"Ew," I reply trying to hide my little smile. I like Ezra. I like that he doesn't censor himself in front of me or treat me like I'm an incompetent child. He makes me feel like an equal which is rare for me.

"Always wear condoms." He reminds me, making me laugh. He knows I can't get Frankie pregnant, but I nod in agreement anyway. He slows down as we get near the exit of the airport and points. "Is that the Barbie doll you're always talking about?"

I let my eyes follow his finger and smile when I see Frankie waiting with Fizzle. They widen when I see that his hair is no longer down to his chest. It's still long, but it's barely on his shoulders now. He still looks like a Barbie doll though. Especially in the pink sweater he's wearing. I almost forgot how gorgeous he is in person.

"Yeah. That's him." I mumble, watching as he and Fizzle continue to look around. Frankie's eyes meet mine after a moment, causing a huge smile to cross his face. He practically sprints toward me as I grin at him, dropping my bag off my shoulder in order to brace myself for impact.

It comes quickly. He jumps into my arms to squeeze me tightly. I put an arm around his waist as the other reaches up to tangle in his hair, nuzzling his face in my neck as I do the same to him.

He lifts his legs up, wrapping them around my waist so that I'm holding him. I smile bigger, breathing in the scent of his shampoo. I missed how he smelled. I missed his soft hair and the feeling of him in my arms.