Chapter Seven- Sam

Chapter Seven-

Moth

"He's sneaking out to see us tonight?" Jonis asks as we jump on my bed.

He, Cas, and I are bouncing on my bed like it's a trampoline. Gwen always thinks we're dumb when we decide to have fun, but what's the point of having a mattress with no frame if I can't even jump on my bed with my friends?

"Yeah. His brother told him a secret exit. I'm going to pick him up down the road from his house and meet you guys there." I jump higher, turning my head when my door opens and Frankie walks in.

Frankie is special. Not in a bad way, but in the sense that he's very different from all of us. We're wearing mostly black and he's always in light colors. We act crazy and he's always been so put together. He used to think this stuff was stupid too. He used to nag me all the time about little things, but I explained it to him.

Everything in this world is uncertain. I could die tonight or tomorrow. I don't want to die before I get to live. I try to live every day. I do things I like to do with people I love. Broken beds and broken legs are fixable. An empty life is not.

"Come on!" I stick my hand out, watching his look go from wary to excited. He slips his shoes off and takes my hand, joining Jonis, Caspian, and me on the bed. We all jump next to each other, watching the smiles go up and down as everyone laughs.

"Look, I can touch the ceiling." Frankie lifts his arms and jumps higher, touching the tips of his fingers to the ceiling in my room. I'd never try to change Frankie's personality, but if there's one thing I did right, it was showing him how to have fun.

Caspian sighs blissfully and looks at us, slowing his jumps. "I can't wait to play tonight. I love how the city looks after dark."

Frankie slows down too and frowns a little. "I've never been out past 9:30 before. Not in the city at least."

"Really? Well, I'm glad you're coming then. There's so much to see." I tell him, flopping down on the bed when I run out of breath. Frankie jumps on top of me, laughing softly as he kisses me.

"I want you to show me everything." He takes my face in his hands, gently trailing his fingers over my ear piercings before kissing me deeper. I wrap one arm around his waist and use the other to brush his hair back and gently rub my thumb against his cheek.

"Ew! Get a room."

I pull back from Frankie and look over his shoulder at Caspian, grabbing a pillow to throw at him. "This is my room."

"Until I hijack it. All I have to do is find where you stashed the Nerf guns." Jonis starts opening a few of my drawers making me laugh. I guess he doesn't know that Gwen took them all away the last time Caspian hit her with one.

"I wouldn't keep looking if I were you. You might see something you don't want to." I warn him, watching as Frankie looks over at him.

Jonis gets to the drawers on my desk, and before he can open one, Frankie swiftly gets up and wedges himself in front of it. "You can't look in that one."

Jonis looks at him curiously before smirking and reaching his hand up to curl a finger around a piece of Frankie's hair. "C'mon. Just tell me what's in it. The suspense will kill me."

Frankie blushes and averts his eyes, looking down at his shoes now. "Just stuff."

"Stuff like what?"

"Nothing. Personal things."

Jonis laughs softly and leans in closer which makes Frankie suck in a little breath.

"Okay, I'll leave it alone even though I'm sure it's some wild sex shit. You should see what Moth's brother gets up to. Anyway, there's no reason to be embarrassed. If I weren't straight..." He winks at Frankie and whistles softly, backing away. Frankie shuffles back to me, sitting down beside me while rolling his eyes at Jonis' flirtatious comments.