16 || That Didn't Last Long

A/N
AshleyTelford965 there are a few references in here you'll get

*****

Arabella

I almost blabbed to Jace that I needed to go to my therapy session.

God he'd think I was weak if he knew that I had to go and talk about my feelings and shit to a group of people similar to me.

Or would he?

I already told him my fucked up backstory. And he'd told me a bit of his.

Not going to lie though, sitting in bed next to him felt nice. His smell of mint and pine linger in the air still.

I realise what time it is and I get going after putting on some semi-decent clothes and getting ready to go.

Gathering my bag, I put in my phone and purse because I genuinely needed some things from the store so it wasn't a complete lie.

Twenty minutes later I'm in a session where a few more people have joined since last time.

Everyone goes around sharing their stories, a stabbing survivor, abusive ex. Everyone's different.

"Arabella would you like to share?" The leader of this little group says.

"Do I have to," I don't feel comfortable yet, I mean it's only been one session so it's not like I'm going to miraculously start spewing my feelings and backstory to strangers.

Except I did. With Jace.

Somethings I do with him...it's sort of like I'm semiconscious.

Like I didn't realise the impact it had when I told him my story until later. I just told him because it felt natural. Like breathing or blinking.

"You don't have to today, however if you want to say anything else that you feel needs to get off your chest please do. Remember this is a safe space." He says looking through his glasses.

How can anything be safe? How can it be safe if you don't know people's motivations and feelings? Their state of mind or if they have a reasonable level of sanity?

Maybe I should get some shit off my chest.

"A few years ago, my- something happened and it led me to question everything. Most of the time it was 'why?'. Why me? Why this, why that. I couldn't trust people," I inhale,"so I moved here with my aunt and took psychology in school so I could understand why people would do such horrible things. Why people think certain ways. But I still didn't feel safety until I met...someone," Jace," he's nice to me and helps me a lot."

I finish and the rest of the group claps gently and a few send me a small smile, "Well done Arabella, thank you for sharing."

Ten or so minutes later, the group starts to pack up and leave, as do I until the therapist guy calls me back, "I want to thank you again Arabella for sharing, I know it must be hard but you're making progress." He smiles kindly at me.

I just simply nod and walk out, not knowing what to say.

Stopping by the store, I pick up a few things like instant chicken noodles, and some other chicken flavoured foods.

I love chicken ok, leave me alone.

I also needed some...um... female products, as well as toothpaste and toilet paper.

Paying at the cash register, the total comes up to $34.99.

Talk about inflation.

But I quickly pay without a fuss and begin the walk back to my dorm.

A few minutes of walking and I'm aware of a presence behind me, I recognise the familiar mint and pine smell so without turning around I say, "Hope you're not stalking me Jace."

The, not so stalkery stalker catches up and walks by my side, "Me? Wouldn't dream about it love."

I turn and see him shoot me a cocky smile and then he suddenly changes when he looks down at my single bag, "Love? Surely you didn't take over an hour for just that?"

Shit he catches on quick.

I try to make up an excuse, "I couldn't decide which toilet paper to buy because there are many different types you know-"

"Love."

"- and personally I think quilted is best best it's got like two layers I think? I don't know. Do you know they make flavoured ones because-"

"Love."

"-personally I think it's a bit useless unless you're going to eat the toilet paper because you can't taste it other wise because your tastebuds are in your mouth not in your a-"

"Love," he stays more sternly, taking the bag off me, "im not stupid." 

"That's news," I accidentally blurt.

The corners of his lips move up a fraction but then come back down, "I saw you coming out the town hall before. There's only one thing that's going on there today."

Before I know it, he's hugging me and a few tears slip down my cheeks. He's going to hate me. He'll think I'm weak and-

"I don't think you're weak, love," he says like he read my mind.

"How did you-" I trail off.

"You learn to read people's faces and posture, come on, let's get you back to your dorm." He says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and leading me to his car.

Then we're off.

"I won't judge you know," he speaks up after a while, "how about after we get these back to your dorm, you come out for ice cream with me and Delilah after we pick her up from school?"

I smile and nod enthusiastically, "ok."

He puts music on to lighten the mood and I realise the song is Careless Whisper and can't help but giggle.

That giggle becomes a full on laugh when Jace starts singing along.

"Doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, tonight the music seems so loud.."

I'm laughing so hard I practically start to feel the six pack coming in.

We stay like that for the next five minutes of the drive.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
B E L L A || ✔️✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें