6 || Guardian Angel

Jace

Shes asleep in my arms as I carry her out the back of the house. That bastard Aaron dosed her good with what I'm guessing was Rohypnol. 

I open the passenger door to my car and set get down in the chair, making sure she's secure. As I'm making my way back around the car, I see Noah jogging to meet me, dozens of people flocking out the house with him. 

"I spread the word but mentioned no names, now everyone knows Aaron attempted to rape a young girl whilst drugged with Rohypnol."

I shake his hand and clap him on the back as I mutter a quick, "thank you."

"No problem man, plus Kay cleaned the mess up, thank God for boyfriends."

I smile a little and open the drivers side door and set off. Taking Arabella to her dorm was a bad idea-someone needed to keep an eye on her. So I take the turn to my house, knowing it would be empty.

My sister was at a sleep over, 15-year-olds, am I right? And my mother...probably off at a club and staying at another one time partner. She was never home so I had to be when I could.

Beside me, Arabella starts to stir and she opens her eyes. Big, green emeralds stare back at me, then they flick around the interior of the car.

"How the fuck did I get into a car?" She slurs as she struggles to keep her head upright

"I carried you." I respond, my eyes switching between the road and her, making sure she doesn't pass out again.

"Huh," was all the response I get.

"You you remember what happened?," she shakes her head and begins to laugh quietly, "you were nearly raped Arabella." I say, concerned for her mental state. However the words have the opposite effect of what I intended 

She laughs again and waves her hand, "Meh! Been there done that-"

My blood runs fucking cold. What the hell has this girl been through?

"- you know what, I think I want some garlic bread. Do you want garlic bread? You look like you need garlic bread."

"Shh," I soothe, "go back to sleep and when you wake up I'll...get you some...garlic bread," her eyes light up and then close.

After a few minutes of silence and her breaths evening out, she fell asleep.

———————————————————-

We got back to my house and she was still asleep . It felt weird bringing a girl there that wasn't my sister or mother, especially under these circumstances.

I jog up to the front door and open it, then go back for Arabella. With her in my arms, I take her upstairs while I go and close the door.

When I go back up, she's thrown herself on top of my bed. Like full spread eagle and everything. I smile softly to myself.

Knowing she wouldn't be comfortable with me undressing her, I take off her heels and place the covers gently over her, so I don't wake her up.

After I made sure she was tucked in, I went downstairs and into the kitchen to go over everything that happened.

What the fuck did she mean by "Been there done that"? Had she already been hurt before? Drugged?...

Raped?

One thing was clear though, there's definitely more to this girl than meets the eye.

My phone pings with a notification:

Baby sis 💕

I wanna come home... this sleepover isn't what I expected 😕

Ok... can Sophia's mom drop you off or do you need me to pick you up?

Yeh she can drop me off, I just said I don't feel well, adults always believe that 🙃

Little shit, I thought.

Ok, see you in a bit. Make sure you're quiet when you get back because I have some... explaining to do.

Is one of your lady friends over?🤭😏

Because if so please don't do any hanky panky stuff, I'm still too young to die listening to that 😭

Goodbye, remember be quiet when you come back.

Yeh yeh,  love you big bro 

Love you too. 

I walk back upstairs and go to my desk, retrieve a piece of paper and start to write. I place it on the bedside table along with a glass of water and some painkillers for the ginormous headache she was going to have.

Looking at her one last time, I leave the room and go to wait for my sister. God help Arabella when she wakes up and my sister starts bombarding her with questions.

 God help Arabella when she wakes up and my sister starts bombarding her with questions