5 || Did Someone Say Party?

Arabella

What is this feeling and why won't it go away?

I almost feel sorry I snapped at Jace before after our little game today.

Almost.

I feel a familiar presence behind be and I turn to see Jess who looks like she's just drunk twenty energy drinks.

"OMG ARABELLA GUESS WHAT!" She practically shouts.

"Uh, what?"

"Aaron Dale is having a party tonight! We should both totally go!" I do not know who 'Aaron Dale' is, nor do I want to know.

"I don't know, I don't really go to parties." I shrug.

"Come on, let me show you how we party around here!" She bounces up and down repeatedly," Plus if you don't have a dress you can wear one of mine." She says as she puts on a big smile.

"Fine, but I can't guarantee I'll stay all night."

"OMG, you're the best! I'll pick you up at your dorm at 8:30. Sound good?" I nod along and sigh.

"Sure, my dorm is 34B, in the boys hall."

Her eyebrows raise and she gives me a little smirk,"ok...8:30, be ready!"

***

I don't bother with much makeup since I've never been one of those girls who lather that shit on by the bottle. Couldn't really afford it, you see.

The only time I did wear makeup was the smallest bit of foundation to cover bruises or the bags under my eyes from all the restless nights sleep.

(Her outfit)

I look at my phone where a notification pops up from Jess:

Jess: be there in 2 min bae xx

I grab my small handbag along with my phone and walk to my dorm door. As I open it and walk out, I'm met by a tall figure.

I look up and see Jace, who's running his hand through his hair, "Hi, I came to give you back your English homework because you must have dropped it so I- Now why are you glammed up? Going somewhere?"

Rolling my eyes, I step around him, then turn back to lock my door," I'm going to a party for your information. Also give my that homework back another day, it's due next week and I can't be bothered today."

His eyebrows raise in surprise as he begins to follow me down the corridor, "A party, love? And whose party might this be?"

"Aaron someone or other." I state plainly.

His eyes darken a fraction before they turn back to normal.

"Well, enjoy your night, and don't drink too much. Drunk boys and vulnerable girls don't mix well." He nods and turns to leave. Me? I'm frozen, slightly taken aback by his words.