Chapter 28

Taehyung and Seojoon just finished their lunch meeting. They discussed additional details that Seojoon thinks will attract more customers to his malls. Seojoon is an admirable man, anyone would be lucky to be his mate. The alpha is handsome, hardworking and a total gentleman. Though he makes it obvious that he likes Taehyung, he never oversteps his boundaries. He is always respectful towards the omega.

The alpha clears his throat and focuses his eyes at Taehyung. "T-taehyung, I mean is it okay if I call you Taehyung?"

"Yeah, we have known each other for months and we're business partners, so of course you can call me by my first name, CEO Park."

"Thank you, and please call me Seojoon." The alpha nervously fidgets on his seat as he meets the omega's eyes. "Uh... Taehyung, I really like you. I hope you can give me permission to court you." Seojoon blushed as he confessed to the omega. He is also anxious because it's the first time he takes an interest in an omega and he doesn't want to mess it up.

Taehyung is about to answer him when he suddenly feels a sharp stabbing pain in his chest. He clenches his chest as he gasps for air. Seojoon notices the omega's pained expression. He worriedly stands up, takes the glass of water and offers it Taehyung. The omega gulps down the water. "T-thank you, Seojoon."

"Are you okay? You suddenly look pale, are you not feeling well?" Seojoon gazed at him with concern.

Taehyung takes a deep breath to ease the pain in his chest. He wonders what's wrong with him. He was okay until this time. "Y-yeah, don't worry. I think it's just a heartburn. I better go back to the office."

"Do you want me to drive you there? We can ask your secretary to pick up your car from here." Seojoon suggested, still worried about the omega.

Taehyung shakes his head. Honestly, he just wants to be alone or better yet, goes back home to Tae-ju. There's a weird feeling in his chest that won't go away. He's worried it might have something to do with his pup, but his Yoongi hyung will call if anything bad happens, right?

 He's worried it might have something to do with his pup, but his Yoongi hyung will call if anything bad happens, right?

"Thanks for the offer, but I know you're busy yourself, I don't want to impose." The omega politely declined the alpha's offer.

Seojoon finally concedes. He just wishes the omega would let him in, give him a chance to prove that his intentions are pure and that he's serious about wanting to be his mate. He's willing to wait. Taehyung is the omega he wants to spend his future with. He hopes the omega would see his sincerity and accept his affection.

They leave the restaurant and walk to their respective cars. Seojoon bids goodbye to the omega. Taehyung waves in return and enters his car.

Taehyung's phone rings, Jaewook, his Yoongi hyung's bodyguard is calling him. Why would Jaewook call him, where is his Yoongi hyung? Taehyung feels jittery as he answers his phone with a trembling hand. "Hello, Jaewook. Why are you calling me? Where is Yoongi hyung and Tae-ju? What?! An accident, where's my son? Tell me he is safe, please. You're at Kim Hospital, I'll be there."