Chapter 8

Taehyung was walking out of the airport when his phone rings, it's Taeseok calling him from the US. He picks up the call.

Taehyung: Oh dad, look at you, miss me already?

Taeseok: Can I not be concerned about my only son? I really want to come back there with you, but I have to stay here for another three months.

Taehyung: I know dad, and I'm very grateful to you for doing it for me.

Taeseok: Did Namjoon already prepare the biggest and most expensive penthouse in our new building in Gangnam?

Taehyung: I haven't talk to him yet but he'll fetch me from the airport.

Taeseok: I told you, you can just stay at our mansion. Nobody lives there except our butler and the maids. Why do you need to stay in the penthouse?

Taehyung: Dad, it's only for three months, after I completed my training under Namjoon hyung, I'll move to the mansion.

Taeseok: (sighing) That's another thing I'm not happy about, why do you have to play Joon's secretary? You can just take your position as the new CEO right away. I'm already entrusting my position to you.

Taehyung: I want to prove the board and our employees that I deserved the position and not because I'm your son.

Taeseok: Alright, I never won an argument with you. Just be careful and take care of yourself. Even your Yoongi hyung is worried about you. If not for the mission he has to do, I'm sure he'll never let you go back alone.

Taehyung: You're all babying me. Oh dad, talk to you later. Namjoon hyung just texted, he's already here. Bye love you both.

Taeseok: Bye son, we love you, too.

Taehyung hangs up his phone and approaches Namjoon who's arms are already open to give his cousin a warm hug. "I missed you Taetae."

"Namjoon Hyung, we just saw each other last week when you visited us in the States." He giggles. "Wow! Nice ride you got here." Taehyung can't help but admire the new red Rolls-Royce car in front of them.

" Taehyung can't help but admire the new red Rolls-Royce car in front of them

"I bought one for you, too in blue. My welcome gift. And Hoseok gifted you with a Mercedes Benz. He thinks Rolls is too flashy for office." Namjoon tells him.

Taehyung suppresses a laugh. "And Hoseok hyung thought that a benz is subtle, wow!" He shakes his head and clings at Namjoon's arm.

"Wait till we get to your penthouse. I'm sure you're going to love it. And you should see the new yacht Yoongi gifted you?" Namjoon ruffles Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung's jaw drops. "New yacht, what new yacht?"

Namjoon quickly covers his mouth, eyes widen. "Is that supposed to be a surprise? Me and my big mouth, I will never hear the end of it from Yoongi."