Chapter 23

Eunwoo finds his boss lying on the cold floor of the ballroom drenched in sweat, unable to get up on his own. He props him to sit against the wall. Eunwoo takes a glass of water from the table and gives it Jungkook. The alpha gulps down the water in one go.

Jungkook deeply exhales trying to calm his pounding chest. His secretary worriedly stares at him. "Boss, are you alright? Do you want me to take you to the hospital? You look sick."

Jungkook chuckles lowly. "Don't you think it's funny? You're always the one who finds me when I'm in messy situations. Maybe you're the brother I never had." He paused, then continued with a broken voice. "You know I have always been an introvert, that's why I never had a friend. Our family, we used to be very happy until that cunning Yura destroyed it."

Jungkook stares into space

Jungkook stares into space. "My mom, she changed a lot after she found out that my dad slept with Yura and got her pregnant. I witnessed how she lost the sparkle in her eyes and was replaced with emptiness. She started to isolate herself from us, from me. She often locks herself in her room. I thought it's ok, at least I still have her. But then one day, she suddenly decided to end her misery without thinking what will happen to me when she's gone. I-i have no one Eunwoo. So, when Jisung offered his hand, I accepted it. Without thinking, I got into a relationship with him when we have already imprinted another wolf. It's all my fault, I should have tried searching for our chosen mate. But, I was too caught up with my grief. I should have listened to my wolf when it was pointing me to Taehyung. Now even Taehyung's wolf hates us to the core."

"I completely understand your point, Boss. But do you know why the moon goddess gave us our wolves? They are our compass to guide our actions and to direct us to our rightful mate. There are times the human side becomes stubborn and disregards their wolves, that is when complications occur." Eunwoo tried to explain. "You shutting off your wolf makes you blind and choose wrong decisions." Eunwoo sighed and murmured to himself. "I hope you learned something from this, boss."

Jungkook's phone rings. He turns it off. He just wants to rest. He is emotionally drained.

"Do you want me to drive you to the villa boss, so you can rest?" Eunwoo seemed to read his mind.

"No, not to the villa. Can you drive me to my mom's rest house? I want to be alone for a few days."

"Sure boss, let's get you out of here." Eunwoo helped him up as they walked outside to the alpha's car.

Twenty minutes later, they have reached the rest house. The alpha gets out of the car and wobbly walks towards the door. Eunwoo's eyes follow his boss. He can't help but feel sorry for him, he's a victim of greedy people around him. But he's partly to blame for his fate, he's oblivious to the people who truly loved him like Mr. Taehyung.

 Taehyung