Chapter 9

Namjoon noticed that Taehyung has been quiet since they left the restaurant. They're driving back to the penthouse. Namjoon gently squeezes his cousin's hand and gives him a concerned look. "Are you alright?"

"Of course, hyung. I'm just surprised that after two years nothing has changed." Taehyung sighs.

"Are you still affected by them, I mean by Jungkook and Jisung?" Namjoon asks.

"No hyung, when I left for US, I promise to forget about my past and start anew."

"It's difficult when you still have a connection to Jungkook."

Taehyung shakes his head, his expression resolute. "Jungkook will never know of that connection. He doesn't deserve to know after he kicked me out at the time when I needed him the most. He will never know about that connection, hyung."

"Whatever you decide, I will always support you."

"Thanks, hyung."

"By the way, when do you want to start working at the company?" Namjoon inquires changing the subject.

"I will start tomorrow. I want to learn that ins and outs of our company before I take over the CEO position from you." Taehyung eagerly replied.

"I couldn't wait to hand over the position to you. I'm planning to travel around the world after that."

"Or you can ask Jin hyung to marry you." Taehyung teases with a mischievous grin.

"Huh, what? I'm not even courting him, how can I even ask him to marry me?" Namjoon's face red as a cherry.

"Why not invite him to go with you, then you can court him." Taehyung suggests. He really wants his Namjoon hyung and Jin to quit dancing around each other and get together as boyfriends or maybe husbands in the future.

"Ok, I'll think about it."

                                        💎

The next morning, Jungkook went to the company. He's very much bothered after seeing Taehyung with Kim Namjoon. He asked Eunwoo last night to look into Namjoon and Taehyung's relationship.

Jungkook was reviewing some documents when Eunwoo knocks and enters the CEO office

"So what do you have for me?" Jungkook asked.

Eunwoo really wants to roll his eyes at his boss or maybe knock some sense into him. He's confusing him, isn't he the one who kicked out his ex-husband and chose that b*tch Jisung, so why is he interested in Taehyung now?

"Boss, from what I gathered, Mr. Taehyung is the new secretary of CEO Kim Namjoon." Eunwoo tells him.

"Is that all, just secretary?" And Jungkook is perplexed with the information he got from Eunwoo because from what he knows, Taehyung didn't attend college. How can he work as the secretary of the CEO of the number 1 company in the country?