O Come, All Ye Faithful 4x09

"I just didn't  meant to tell them like that

"I just didn't  meant to tell them like that." I say as I complain to Nik about what happened during the girls night.

"Wasn't that what you wanted?" He asks me confused, not understanding what the problem.

"Yes, I wanted to tell them but not like that. It should have been at perfect time, not me telling them accidentally and then soon leaving."

"So have you talked to any of them?"

"I've been sort of avoiding them and am planning to continue doing that for some time or at least until there is another problem going on and they forget about the whole thing."

"Why not just talk to them?"

"I just don't want to listen to them telling me what a terrible life decision is being with you."

"So I'm a terrible life decision?" He looks hurt and I walk over to him and stand in front of him.

"Far from it, Nik. You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I love you very much. I just don't want to listen to others judge me or tell me I should break up with you." I tell him. "I will leave you now to your painting, I need to go and call Kol." I quickly give him a kiss before leaving the room to go and talk to Kol.
_____________________________________

After I finished my phone call with Kol I went back into the parlor where Nik is painting on a canvas. "That is a really pretty snowflake." I comment as I see what he is painting

"Is my work really that literal?"

"Of course not. This is obviously an..." I trail off not knowing what it is.

"Expression of postmodernism." He says amused.

"That."

"What did my brother want?"

"Just wanted to chat. He's in New York right now, partying mostly. He wanted me to join him but I reminded him I have school. He wasn't happy about that but he accepted it after he informed me that after I graduate he is stealing me away from Mystic Falls. He wants me to go with him on a trip to Europe, so we could visit different covens and also and I quote 'drink our way through Europe'."

"So he is stealing you for entire summer."

"Most of it."

"Looks like a giant snowflake." I hear Stefan say from behind me. I don't turn around not wanting to meet his judgy eyes.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event." Nik tells Stefan.

"You said it was urgent." Adrian one of Nik's hybrids comes in.

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Nik orders.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?" Nik walks forward and closes the space between him and Adrian.